Epilogue

The boisterous screams from across the hall jerked me out of a light slumber.

With a groan, I tossed my head back down into the flannel pillow case, my eyes squeezing shut. "Harry," I grunted, slapping his shoulder lazily.

He made a groaning noise which was muffled by his pillow that his face was stuffed into.

"Harry," I whined, kicking my feet around. "Alana is having a nightmare again, it's your turn,"

"No it's your turn!" he murmured, pulling the blankets tighter around him.

Her screams got louder, to the point I was afraid they would awaken Luke and God knows how long it took that baby to fall asleep.

I sighed dramatically. "Fine, make the pregnant one get up,"

I tossed the blankets off of my body, being greeted, in a not so friendly manner, by brisk air.

I slipped my feet into the pearly white, fuzzy slippers and dragged my tiresome body down the hall, into the eldest child's bedroom.

I eased down onto her bed, gently curling the six year old into my arms. "Shh baby it's okay. It was just a dream,"

She sniffled, hiding her face in my neck, hiccuping.

I placed a delicate kiss on her head, running my hand through her soft brown curls.

"Are you okay?" I whispered, wiping the large tear drops off her smooth, velvet like skin.

She nodded, rubbing my eyes with the back of her hand.

"Go back to sleep," I smiled, tucking her back in.

"Tell me a story," she whimpered, her big brow green eyes pleading.

I signed, nodding before slipping into the covers next to her. She quickly snuggled into my side.

"What kind of story?" I inquired, running my fingers up and down her bare arm as a soothing act.

"How did you and daddy decide to get married?" she asked, her eyes holding curiosity.

"He asked me to marry him and I say yes," I smiled in memory, of something that feels like ages ago.

"How did he ask you?"

I giggled. "Well Alana the day of July 17th, a few days after we got over a huge fight..."

"Harry!" I giggled, shoving his face away from mine. "I'm trying to make us breakfast leave me be,"

"Come on kiss me," he puckered his lips, wiggling his eyebrows in the process.

I giggled again, pointing the spatula in his direction. "I will purposely not make you french toast,"

"That would be very mean Brooke," Harry pouted, his forest green eyes twinkling with delight and love.

"I know it would," I grinned, turning the stove off as I flipped the last batch onto a plate.

Before I had a chance to speak, Harry spun my around, shoving me back gently against the counter-top. 

His head hung above mine, a few strands of his hair tickled my cheek as he pressed his forehead against mine, his shiny, sparkling eyes beaming into mine.

"When we got into the fight I never stopped loving you. Not a minute, not a second. You're inside me, like a disease," Harry uttered out, his thick, heavy voice was low.

I giggled, brushing my nose against his. "So I'm a disease now?"

His large hands slowly traveled up my back without leaving any single spot untouched. I felt my heartbeat speed up as he pressed my body further into his.