Chapter 26

“Your lips are like wine, and I want to get drunk.”

—  William Shakespeare   

sorry this is a short chapter but i wanted to fit all of this in one chapter and not add separate parts to this, but i hope you enjoy it anyways x

Harry's POV

"Please Brooke. Please, I can't live without you. Please," I choked out, my voice gravelly while my tone happened to be barely audible for even I to seize

All the hope I had obtained, casted away and began to drain out of my lifeless body, as if a plug was just yanked out of me.

It was as if my body and soul were ripped apart once more, as realization settled upon my mind and I truly noticed that I really did fuck up and Brooke doesn't want me anymore, and it laid across the floor in its own bed of blood-stained broken glass.

My resolve has crumbled; my mind and body suffocating under the blanket of loneliness that set atop of me.

I clutched the fabric of the thin, cotton shirt that hugged my torso well, fisting it in my bunched up hand as a body shaking, chest rumbling sob shredded through my dry, hoarse throat.

I jumped in pure surprise as the door swung open.

My hand dropped to my side, as my eyes landed on Brooke.

For a moment, we stood there, staring intently at each other.

Tears covered her angelic face, and yet she still happened to be the most elegant, stunning girl I have ever had the pleasure to lay eyes upon.

Her bottom lip trembled ever so slightly, and I had to really restrain myself smashing my lips upon hers.

Her eyes sparkled into mine, unsaid words written in them like an untold story; as she was caught up in her own daze and bewilderment that she actually opened the door for me.

Her mouth held agape, but shut repeatedly as she contemplated, full of perplexity, on what or what not to say.

My acuminate, bleach white teeth fumbled with my bottom lip as a meager sliver and bundle of anxiety and nerves began to grow; settling immensely in the pit of my stomach, enlivening the slumbering butterflies that now darted against the lining of my stomach.

Brooke's chilly, humble hand latched onto my wrist as she heaved me into her apartment, slamming the door right after.

I attentively implanted the guitar Niall cheerfully offered me, upon the exquisite couch without breaking eye contact with Brooke.

I took a stride towards her, our bodies so close I bet she could feel my body heat radiating onto her.

Brooke's heart stopping decision of pushing me against the cold door, igniting heat into the pit of my stomach.

Brooke's eyes were wide with realization, as she became aware of her actions.

Our lips painstakingly hovered close by. Our eyes held the severe contact, that neither of us has broken.

As if the movement Brooke just assembled wasn't enough, she slammed her body into mine, so I now felt every part of her perfect, outstanding body, every curve, every bulge, everything.

"Let's fall back in love, okay?" she whispered, speaking for the first time, her voice quivering as she continued. "just like we used to be. Let's fall in love and not get back up. Let's fall in love and break our bones. Let's fall in love, please," Brooke exhaled, her begging lips just mere centimeters from mine; practically pleading for mine.