《 unexpected test 》

Tikki, Marinette's kwami, read over the passage she just noted in her diary. "Aw, come on Marinette." She smiled knowingly.

"What, Tikki?"

"You are the cutest Ladybug by far. And I have served many."

Marinette laughed, remembering the time when she and Alya went to an Egyptian Museum.

Tikki told Marinette that there was evidence of Ladybug in the past and that she could find it in the hieroglyphics engraved on the walls in the Ancient Egyptian museum.

Well, that was until an Akumatised victim who called himself 'The Pharaoh' appeared.

"Thanks, Tikki." Marinette smiled gleefully at her small and caring friend.

"Anytime." Tikki replied, and then her cute face went serious, "Now listen." She said, "I'm sure Cat Noir will like the girl behind the mask no matter who she may be. Cat Noir isn't the type of person who would only love half of a person. If he didn't accept you as Marinette, he truly doesn't love you, and he doesn't deserve you."

"Really?" Marinette asked, touched at Tikki's caring but stern words.
Tikki nodded. "Well, Cat is known for his impulsiveness." Explained Marinette. Tikki nodded eagerly. Marinette smiled at Tikki, "Come on. It's time to go to school."

***

As she arrived at school, Chloe was yelling at Sabrina, her so-called 'best-friend'.

"Hey, girl!" Alya greeted, linking arms with Marinette.

"Hey, Alya."

"Are you ready for the History test we have got this morning?"

"WHAT!" She shouted, "Oh, no. Oh, no, no, no, no! I didn't study! I'm gonna fail! I'm gonna be the only one that fails. Adrien will look at me like I'm some dumb person, and-"

"Hey, chill. Everything's going to be okay."

"No it's not! I'm going to fail Alya. I'm going to fail because I didn't study! Then Mum and Dad will be on my back about my bad grades." She gasped, "I'm going to be in so much trouble." Marinette collapsed onto the floor outside of College Francoise Dupont in a massive heap.

"Relax. Come on Marinette. The test most probably won't affect your whole semester grade."

"Alya. The test is forty percent." Marinette said sternly, already admiting defeat.

"Oooh. True point."

"Oh." She cried.

Why was I so stupid? I mean, not studying? What got into me? Realisation struck her like a lightning bolt. Oh, that's right, Cat Noir and I were out on night patrol, searching for Hawk Moth's next Akumitised victim. She sighed.

"I mean, you'll be fine Marinette." Alya added hastily, "You rock at this History topic anyway."

"How?" Marinette looked up at Alya, hope etched into her voice.

"It's about medieval clothing and all of that." Alya explained.

"Oh. You're right!" Marinette beamed, "I can do this!"

"Yeah, you go girl!" Alya exclaimed enthusiastically.

"I can do this! I'm going to ace this test and Adrien won't think I'm stupid!"

Alya laughed at her outburst, "Come on. Let's get to class before our lateness affects our result."

Alya and Marinette ran up the stairs, sprinting towards their class.

🐞🐞🐞