《 staying in the shadows 》

"Ramses, they're here." Moses called. He expected his brother to turn around and welcome Ladybug and Cat Noir with open arms. But he didn't. He stayed in the shadows, only his silhouette faced them.

Ladybug gave Cat Noir and Moses a questioning look. Moses's cheeks went red with embarrassment.

Why is he being weird? He talked so highly of Ladybug and Cat Noir, especially since the scriptures said that they would never be as important as the Pharaoh and wouldn't overrun him, and take his position.

Why is he being weird now?

Ramses voice reverberated throughout the high ceilinged room and large walls. He sat on his chair which was facing the wall behind him, his arm - from what Moses could see - was holding the staff which was hooked at the top. Ramses took possession of the staff and the Pharaohs crown when their father died.

Ramses so kindly promoted Moses to a higher position when he was at a gathering and a beautiful woman with dark hair was manhandled into the center of the room.

Moses was expecting her to be in his bed chambers, like Ramses ordered the guards to, but she wasn't and she escaped out through the window.

Ever since Ramses has become Pharaoh, he has changed. He's more forceful with his orders, and he doesn't care about the Hebrews out there wasting their lives - well, he never did respect them, but he seems to despise them more now.

🐞🐞🐞