《 he meant business 》

Ladybug and Cat Noir looked down at Ladybug's yo-yo. She flicked through all of the past photos of her, Alya, Adrien and Nino.

There was one of her and Alya smiling at the camera, a big smile ever present on Alya's face and Marinette's fingers displayed the 'peace' sign.

Ladybug moved her finger across the yo-yo, swiping the photo away to display a new one. It showed Alya and Nino jumping mid-air, holding hands as they thought they knew who Ladybug and Cat Noir were. Marinette stood to the right side of them, her eyes downcasted, toeing a hole into the ground. Adrien was found on the left side, by Nino, his hand scratching his neck nervously.

Ladybug and Cat Noir smiled at the memory. Alya thought Chloe was Ladybug and that Kim was Cat Noir. Don't ask the two heroes how their best friends came up with such conclusions because they don't have the slightest clue.

Alya did look happy though. It was either because she was so close to Nino or she found out - or thinks she found out - who Ladybug is.

I need to tell her. Ladybug reminded herself. As soon as we get out of here.

Ladybug and Cat Noir looked up from Ladybug's yo-yo as they heard a knock at the door.

They found a young lady in a white skirt and mid-drift top, smiling at them in welcoming. "Hello." She greeted.

"Hi." They greeted back.

The smile on the lady's face vanished and her expression was like the one of stone. "The Pharaoh wants to speak to you." She said and left the doorway, leaving Ladybug and Cat Noir to their own thoughts.

Ladybug's thoughts were filled with worry, while Cat Noir's was filled with confusion.

Why does he want to see us? Did we do something wrong?

He didn't think they did, and the look on the messengers face before she left told him that the Pharaoh meant business.

Ladybug seemed tensed beside him and he smiled, reaching down to clasp her hand with his. She smiled up at him, a weary smile. She was nervous as hell. Anybody could see that.

He smiled encouragingly at her and pulled her along down the 'corridor' towards the Pharaoh's "throne room" (at least, that's what he calls it).

They opened the door and what they saw made his blood boil and Ladybug's heart beat in fear.

Oh no. This can't be good.

🐞🐞🐞

Okay this is really rushed and I will go back and edit this one and explain more things that I deem appropriate, but I just rwally wanted to get this out, but don't have much spare time to go so. Anyway, thanks for reading. Hope u enjoy the cliffhanger!