Mariya

I watched as Kiley slowly fell asleep next to Luke and smiled. It was a good feeling to know my best friend was happy.

"Mariya, can I uh, can I talk to you for a second?" I heard Calum say. I said a quiet yes and followed him to the spare room they had.

"Look, I have been stalling this question for a long time now and I just really want to ask you but I don't want you to say no cause I'll probably cry all nig-"

"Just stop rambling and speak up." I said, chuckling at the small asian reference I could have made. But we all know how that turned out last time.

"Will, um, will you go - "

"Calum I need you over here for a second!" Michael yelled, causing a groan to emit from Calum's mouth.

"Fucking cockblock." He mumbled under his breath. I giggled before pushing past Calum and running into the living area where we were. I saw Kiley had woken up and was sifting through movies with Luke. I flipped Michael off and went back to the spare room, where Calum was pacing and tugging at his hair.

"Idiot, just do it already. Ignore everything else and just, just do it." I heard Calum harshly whisper to himself, tugging at his messy hair.

"Cal?" I whispered, catching the attention of the boy. He looked at me with fear in his eyes and I watched as tears welled up in his eyes.

"Please don't think I'm a freak. I just wanted to ask you a question a-and I messed up." Calum whimpered, silent tears falling from his eyes. I sighed and walked over, hugging the sad boy and rubbing his slightly larger back. He was shaking. I felt bad. I didn't think he would have anxiety over small things like this.

"Oh, and yes I'll go out with you." I said after calming him down. He looked at me with happy eyes.

"How did you...?"

"I'm a smart child. Also, you wouldn't believe how many fanfics have that as their cliche." I joked, earning a giggle from Calum.

Later that night, I was cuddled up next to Calum and Michael while Kiley was next to Luke and Ashton. We were watching some indie horror film, my favourite, but I could tell Ashton wasn't a huge fan. He kept jumping and I swear I could see tears in his eyes.

"Ash, you wanna help me make popcorn?" I asked, sitting up from my spot. Michael looked up at me with a smile.

"I can help you." He said, beginning to get up. I pushed him down again playfully.

"I said Ashton. Lets go Ash." And no sooner did I say that and he was jumping up from his seat and rushing into the kitchen.

I watched as he rubbed his eyes, trying to get the tears out of them. It wasn't helping though.

"You can go to bed if you want. I can tell the others you were a little sleepy. I get it indie horror can be scary." I whispered, putting the corn into a bag and throwing it in the microwave (just so y'all know, where I grew up we had literal popcorn which is corn on the cob that you can pop).

"How did you..?

"I'm a queen. And a queen knows all." I said, puffing out my chest and laughing.

"Alright I'll see you tomorrow morning. Thanks for this by the way." Ashton said and I waved a hand in dismissal as the microwave beeped.

I heard Kiley squeal from the living room and three boys laughing. I walked in to see Kiley on the floor and the boys bright red from laughter.

"What the...?

"Jumpscares!" Luke laughed, wiping tears from his eyes. I saw the smirk on Luke's face. Prank time.

"Oww damn my ankle." She winced, holding her ankle with both hands. All the boys visibly got scared and Luke jumped off the couch to help her.

"Are you okay? Did you break it? Should I call my mum? I think I should." Luke rambled. His eyes were wide with panic and I honestly felt really bad, but it was also very funny. Kiley started laughing, standing up and high-fiving me. Both Calum and Michael must have caught on because they were both laughing. Luke pouted, his cheeks red with embarrassment.

"Let's just watch the movie." He mumbled, making grabby hands at Kiley. She giggled and jumped next to him.

Once the movie was over, everyone except me and Michael were asleep, although I was just about ready to drift off when I heard Michael call my name. He looked over and saw him trying to push Calum off his shoulder.

"Come with me." He whispered, walking into the kitchen.

"Don't break him. He's a fragile being. Last time, last time was terrible. Full of stuff I never want to have to remember. But please be gentle with him. He's been torn about how to ask you and I only called him out because I could sense his anxiety when he called you with him." Michael said, and I nodded, recalling the way he was trying to motivate himself.

"Oh, and make sure you don't tell him about this talk." Michael added and I nodded once again.

"No problem."

-

Wtf was that ending im so sorry

well yea its been a while since ive been on here

almost 1k words but im too lazy for that crap lol.

alright bye