Phantom of the Beauty Pageant

Hello my wonderful readers!! Just a heads up that this chapter is pretty long... I was really excited for this chapter and got a bit carried away.

This book is soon coming to an end :( but if I get enough reads I'll make a sequel!!
If you like my book so far, please vote, comment, and follow me!! :)

As always, thanks for reading!! Hope you enjoy!!
~Ell

Song: Phantom of the Opera
Artist: VoicePlay

-----------------------

~Dipper's POV~

A day had passed sense I had 'won' Mr Gravity Falls. Everyone was getting a kick out of it, especially Mabel. Though, it was a drag being teased by everyone, Skipper was correct about the scholarship money I was rewarded with... ten grand instead of eight or nine, so I wasn't much complaining. I was actually rather grateful. And though Skip meant to 'get me back' for my favor, I think she also knew the scholarship money would make up for embarrassment.

It was the day of the Miss Gravity Falls Pageant and all the girls were excited... besides my girlfriend, who was currently missing at the moment. Soos had closed up the shack for the day and we were all just about ready to head over to Gravity Falls Theater.

Apparently the place had been known as the old opera house and, surprisingly, still stood till the present time. My Grunckles had mentioned that they rarely held any events there because the place was haunted. I had gone to Skipper on the matter but she had responded with, "The place is just old and run down and slowly decays over time. Trust me, I think I'd know if there was a ghost inhabiting the place." Though Ford swears that he had experience paranormal activity there when he first moved to the town. Either way, the pageant would be held there.

"We're ready to go!" Mabel shouted as her friends stood behind her. I hadn't acknowledged they had entered the living room with all their things. A hanging bag each, boxes of makeup, bags of glitter, hair styling tools- you name it. "The car is running! Hop on in and we'll be on our way after I help Soos loading all the rest of the merchandise!" Stan called. "Rodger that! To the car!" Mabel declared, picking up her things and leading the girls out front. "Shot gun!" I called. "Boo!" I heard Mabel call heading out the door.

I had my suit in a hanging bag hanging over one of the chairs in the kitchen. I had been ready to go for hours now. It was about three in the afternoon and the opening ceremony didn't start until five. Apparently, all the girls within Gravity Falls signed up for the pageant, at least after Pacifica went broke, and took two days to complete. Today would just be introduction of candidates with their outfit of choice.

Speaking of which, I also had to wear an 'outfit of choice'. Mayor Tyler had called again today to give me a rundown of what I would be doing and what role I played, along with all my 'winnings'. Apparently, I had to 'dress accordingly' along with all the ladies... career choice, swimsuit, and evening wear. Though I had to have 'outfits' too, I was just glad I didn't have to participate in the talent portion.

However, considering I had to dress up with each of the rounds with the girls, whoever would end up winning, I would have to have a photo shoot with. Pacifica's family had always done this by paying the photographer in charge and Mayor Tyler thought the idea was ingenious and said it was to be 'tradition'.

I was really hoping that Skipper would win... well, her or Mabel.

"You ready to go, kid?" Stan asked, walking into the kitchen. I shrugged, getting to my feet, "I guess so." With that, I grabbed my things and headed out to the car with my Grunckle. I slid into the front seat, ignoring the girls chattering in the back as we pulled away from the shack and into town.