Chapter 6

I fall back against my door sliding down it to stop and feel my heart ache from how much I miss him. I wanted him to stay the entire day and go out to a restaurant with me then to the movies or something, I wanted to spend time with him. Hours pass in my daydream and we're now in bed laughing, but then hours turned to days and weeks and now years until I realized that he'll be gone in years. I can't keep this going, I'll only hurt myself and I can't take the pain anymore. My phone dings.

Green Hair: I already miss you!

Me: As friends right....?

I waited for him to reply, the annoying small bubbles popped up and I waited but it disappeared, he must be driving or something, so I dismissed it and put my phone in my pocket, I should eat something.
I walk into the kitchen and past the dining room seeing both our mugs on the empty mahogany table, I took them and put them in the sink, there was barely any coffee left in them. I take three eggs from the fridge which was empty, damn the groceries I forgot them in the car.
I place my eggs down and throw on my coat rushing down to the garage to retrieve my groceries, when I get to my car I see a old woman who's been living in the apartments for years now. I watched her grow old here, she's the only one who knows about me without having to actually tell her, she just knows. I bring carry my groceries to the elevator.

"Good morning, ma'am."

"Good morning. How is your morning?"

"It's beautiful."

A big smile grows on her face and more wrinkles add to the corner of her eyes.

"You keep that happiness, honey. You need it."

"Thank you, enjoy the rest of your day."

Was she talking about Sean? I doubt it, she could of seen him leaving my apartment, but she doesn't seem like the one to assume anything, she's just a sweet old lady. When I turn to wait for the silver box to take me back up stairs she was gone, where did she go?

I crack the two eggs I placed down into the pan and stir them around, what if me and Sean become more than friends? He said he was only 28 so he'll soon find out that I'm not ageing if our friendship becomes more serious to a relationship, then what will I say? I think of good excuses while putting the groceries away.
I could lie and say I'm using very effective aging cream or something, but he wouldn't believe that....would he? The smell of my burning eggs set off the smoke alarm and bring me back into reality.

"Fuck!"

I toss the pan in the sink and turn on the faucet, then ran over to the smoke alarm fanning the hell out it, but it didn't work seemed like more smoke was being produced. I ran over to the balcony and opened the sliding doors letting the smoke fly out, it looked like my apartment was on fire from how much smoke was being produced. When the smoke cleared I seen a familiar green haired man walking up to the apartment complex across from mine, could it be? I quickly pull out my phone and type a question mark in the bar and send it waiting for the similar green haired man to check his phone, he was at his door about to open it when he stopped to look at his phone.
It was him! Maybe that's how he got here last night, I though he was stalking me, but I would of seen him around. How could I have missed him?
My phone dings once again.

Green hair: Yes, but I want to get to know you more, shall we see each other again tonight?

Me: You're place this time.

A few hours passed and I had to get ready, but what was I going to wear? My closet wasn't very up to date with the trends now a days, but it was decent, I didn't look like a old man. I pull out my lucky red flannel and simple pair of jeans with my Converse​, I see people still wearing stuff like this so I'm not left in the dust. I grab my leather jacket and pull it on, but leather jackets will never die, I reach for the collar and pop it. Feeling my best I walk out of my apartment and pound the call button of the elevator instead of pushing it and wait for the doors to open, while planning on continuing to look like a bad ass while entering, I never thought of the possibility of someone being in there. I felt embarrassed. She's looks at me weirdly and I fix my not cool popped collar.

When I arrive at his house I knock on the door and he answers wearing his hoodie and blue jeans to match, will I see him out of that hoodie? Oh wait...

"You really like that hoodie don't you?"

"Yea, I have no idea why, I just do."

"I've never seen you out of it, well except...."

I probably shouldn't dwell on that it can be kinda awkward for people, but there was nothing awkward about what happened between us.

"Um....so are we going to play that game?"

I nervously chuckle and he invites me in.