Chapter 29

Melanie returns with a sandwich and water bottle in hand, she sees Jacky and sets them down rushing to him, ignoring the fact that I'm holding him in bed.
"How are you doing, Sean?"
"I'm fine. Is that for me?"
"Yea here. It's ham."

Jacky eats the sandwich and I watch making sure he's enjoying it and judging by his expression I'm guessing he is, I watch him mesmerized by him. I take my seat and so did Melanie.
"How are you two getting along?"
Jacky asked and I look at her, a sick feeling rises in my chest, then I'm the one forced to talk.
"Fine."
"Good. I love you guys both and I want you both here."
"Well were here, Sean. And we're not going anywhere."
"She's right."

"Thank- oh god!"
Jacky turns over the edge of the bed and let's the sandwich he just consumed come out on the floor, I drop to my knees and comfort him while he vomits, he doesn't allow me to lift his head to look me face to face, he just keeps his head down.
"Get a doctor!"
Melanie runs out yelling trying to get a doctor's attention while my baby vomits all that he ate onto my shoes, it smells horrible, but it doesn't bother me.

"Your going to be fine." He stops vomiting and his eyes roll back to his head.
"Jack? Jacky? Baby! Please, baby! Please please, don't leave me!"
The doctors come in and see him out cold while I'm sitting in a pool of vomit horrified that my Jacky could be dead, he cold and stiff. I lower my ear to his mouth listening for his breathing, but nothing is heard. I quickly press my hands to his chest repeatedly then blow air into his mouth, a sharp loud ringing is heard and my heart is racing a million miles an hour, everything is mute besides the ringing. Jack's heart still hasn't begin beating so I repeat the process until he coughs up more vomit into my mouth causing me to fall back on to my ass then begins shaking wildly.

"Get him out of here!"
Melanie grabs me and pulls me up from the floor still emotionless until I'm brought back into my senses, seeing his body jerk wildly like something out of a horror movie. Is this what I'm living? A horror movie?
"Jack!"
"Mark! You need to calm down he's going to be okay!"
Not knowing what to do I hug Melanie tight crying into her shoulder.
"He needs to live! He can't leave!"
"Mark it's okay. Calm down. He's going to be okay."

She tries to calm me down and it works as she oddly pets my head and shuses me like a child, it helps me control my crying, but not my shaking. We are both in the lobby away from his room, but enough to still hear him. I can hear his crying and screaming, I want to push Melanie to the floor and run down the hall to him, to my baby. I need to help him.
"Mark, I'm scared and I don't know what to do, but right now we need to be calm for him."
"How can I? Do you hear him? Did you not see what I did?"
The image is burned in my head, my husband in pain and close to death. Everytime I close my eyes it's all I see and it hurts me so much, all the bad things that could happen to him right now attack me mentally and I feel like falling to pieces.

"I did, I'm losing my mind like you are, but we need to stay calm and together for him." She hugs me once again but not for my sake but hers. She's shaking as bad as I am, even more I believe.