Chapter 15

He lights the four fireworks on the top of my car and quickly jumps off letting the tubes shoot with white light.
"Haha, looks like a Weeknd music video!"
"Sean, you can't do that!"
I rush over to my poor car and hold my hand up trying to think of something but nothing came to mind luckily the firework died off , but I couldn't ensure my car's safety with Sean around.
"Your a crazy man, Mr. McLoughlin,"
I walk over to the green haired boy holding him at arm's length before dusting him off and fixing his hoodie.
"You could of hurt my car."
I laugh trying to be serious.
"Or worst hurt yourself."
Sean takes me in arms length this time trying to mock my tone and expression, he was surprisingly doing a good job of it.
"Where's the fun in being safe?"
He did have a point.

~

I drop Sean off at home and kiss him before saying goodnight and I head home as well. I let my coat slid down my body and fall to the floor not caring because I was to tired to do anything but make my way to my bed, today was amazing and it couldn't of been better. I slip my sock off and see the scar from the glass its almost done healing, tomorrow it should be brand new, that reminded me. If I was going to be this serious with Sean I'm going to need to tell him about this, about me. But how? How would I tell him that I am some kind of supernatural weirdo? This scares me more than anything I've faced in my lifetime, but it's going to need to happen. I could sit him down and talk to him but what if he has a negative reaction and I end up losing him, I can't be alone again! My head races with the bad and my habit of over thinking takes control. I lay in bed in a dark room thinking until I slip into slumber.

~

"We need to talk."
"What is baby, something wrong?"
Sweat forms.
"Do you promise to love me no matter what?"
Concern twist on his face.
"What is it, Mark?"
I couldn't find the way to explain this to him, so I come right out with it.
"I can't die."
The big revel hangs in the air and Sean just laughs it off as a joke, but my face stayed the same, his changed after seeing mine.
"What do you mean by that?"
My heart starts to race.
"I mean I can't die, well I mean I can die from whatever, but I mean I can't die from natural causes, I can't feel pain, I don't age I stay the same, no matter whatever."
He looks me up and down trying to think of what to say, but I replace words with actions and go to hug him, but Sean jumps back with a disgusted face.
"Your not kidding? So if you are some demon-"
I cut him off before he could continue.
"I'm not some demon, Sean!"
"No!"
He yells at me and I feel my heart sink to my stomach.
"Don't interrupt me! Your just going to watch me die then? Let me suffer and you'll forgot me while I'm dead is that it? Am I just a toy to keep you entertained!"
He's shouting which scares me and I don't know what to do, my chest caves in and my breath is being slowly drained out of me.
"It's not like that, baby-"
"Don't call me that, you monster!"
Those words drove right through my chest and left my poor heart hanging on the edge of the sharp blade.
This can't be real.
I wake from the what felt real nightmare holding my chest as my heart unnaturally beat fast.
I grab my phone and open Sean's messages seeing our last chat.

Green hair: I'm ready.
Me: I'm on my way, see ya baby.

My heart rate got back on its normal rhythm as I seen it was our most recent meaning he hasn't left me because I'm a monster, am I a monster? I walk into my game room closing the tab open for YouTube and Google monsters, the bright monitor blinded me.
Pictures of Wolf Man, Mummy, Frankenstein, Pennywise, Marilyn Manson, Slenderman, all these creatures and evil people showed up for the results of: Monster.
Something or someone who wants to do something evil for joy: I repeated the words in my head comparing myself to them.
I don't want to hurt, Sean. I love him and I want him to be happy, so I'm not a monster. But I have the characteristics of one; fast healing, no nervous system, I can't die. Which am I? Man or monster?

I pull my coat on and take the elevator to the garage in search of her, Mrs. Cole. My bare feet smack against the cold pavement as I looked for her, what was I thinking, it's late she wouldn't be out at this time.
I start to head back up to my apartment until I seen a white figure emerging from the stair well, the person had a long white gown and fur coat to match, it was Mrs. Cole.
"Mrs. Cole?"
She responds and I speed walk to her eager to speak with her, but the closer I got the I realized it wasn't her.
"Mrs. Cole?"
"Yes, Mark?"
It was Mrs. Cole, but younger, She looks so beautiful. Her skin was a dark vibrant color and her face so up and lovely, did I mistaken my my glasses prescription again?
"What happened to you?"
"Nevermind that, was there a reason you called me?"
It was hard to concentrate, I felt so intimated by her and her beauty.
"How did you know about Sean? And me?"
"I see you two around and what do you mean by me?"
Mrs. Cole's body sways like she was a cartoon sex icon, unnatural and hypnotic curves you can't help, but stare.
"Me being a monster."
She stops dead in her tracks, her heels making a deafening screech then turns her head like she's broken it.
"You are not a monster, Mark. Didn't you come to that realization after staring at a picture of Pennywise the Dancing Clown?"
She waves her hands above her head as she said it's name, it was a chilling picture to look at.

"I've lived here many years, since I was 20 to be exact, and I never seen you change one bit. Not even your style, honey."
Her long stiletto nails waving down my body meaning my appearance, she has more attitude and spunk than the old Mrs. Cole.
"I want to know if you think I am a monster."
Before she can open her mouth to speak a long black car pulled into the garage and stopped inches from us almost flattening my toes, it's door swung open and she entered.

"What you are doesn't make you monster. What you do will."
After she gave her thoughts the car sped off into the night.

What I do makes me a monster.