Chapter 27

"He's dying. We can't stop it or slow it down. I'm sorry."
My baby. My Sean. My Jacky. Is leaving me sooner than I though he would. I can't have this happen, not yet-no never, I don't want this to happen at all. I want my Jacky to stay with me and thrive like he's supposed to.

No more waking up to his smile. No more making breakfast for him. No more annoying laughs. No more Sean. No more happiness for me.

I could never see him laying in a hospital bed and having a doctor tell me that the man I love is dying from only good knows what. I only seen me and Sean with kids and a dog living in our home peacefully, but that can't happen, my world is coming to a end. If Jacky, my husband, leaves I leave to. Without him in nothing but the same waste of oxygen I was before I walked into that game stop.

"Baby, I'm sorry."
"Don't be. Sorry."
I felt emotionless like a part of me was literally ripped from me and I can't function probably, seeing him lay in the hospital bed weak and in pain sounding.
"If only I was like you-"
"No, Sean. You deserve to grow old with me and be proud of what your leaving behind. Not depressed about what will leave you behind."

I tried not to shed a tear I wanted him to know I was fine, I didn't want him to worry about me within his last days.
"I knew this would come, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. I just got married to you. This isn't fair."
I crawl into the hospital bed with Sean holding him close as he cries into my hair cradling my head close to his chest.

That beating is his heart and it won't be beating anymore.
"What am going to do? I need you."
"Don't think of that now, Mark. Just think of the life we had. All that we've been through."
He tells me hoping to calm me and it does, all the moments we had together will always live on in my heart. I'll be able to add something that's none existent to the suitcase of my life time: The feeling I have for Sean.

"Where is he!"
I hear yelling in the distance from outside of the room Sean was placed in and I hear him sigh.
"Looks like your meeting my ex wife."
"Sean!"
The door swings open and there she stands, she was the same height as Sean just a tad smaller, had blond hair that changed into brown going down the length, I had to admit that I was jealous seeing my Sean hugging her.

"Are you okay? What happened?"
"I'm fine, Mel."
He says weakly.
"He's not."
"Mark, please."
She looks to me and I give her a deadly stare walking back towards him taking his hand in mine.
"Who's this?"
"His husband."
The air was definitely getting thicker and Sean could feel the tension.

"Guys play nice."
Sean's grip loosens, but I grab hard quickly not taking my eyes off her.
"Okay, baby."
I say then bend down to kiss his forehead.
"Melanie, I'm dying. The doctors can't identify it yet, but they say that I don't have long and it's growing at a impressive rate."
"Oh god."
After Melanie and Sean talked more about it he soon then dozed of from the medication they gave him and it was only me and her.

"I'd like to talk to you outside, Melanie."
I then leave the room and she follows.