Chapter 32

A week later

Jack didn't need any more use of the wires and tubes coming from his body the doctors seen how well he's been keeping the food down so they decided to try to get him to eat again, that didn't work.

Anything he had to chew made him vomit so he's now eating ice occasionally soft foods but most of the time it wasn't a bother at all to eat the ice and drink water.

We did try other drinks but he only kept water and orange juice down. Jack did sound better than before and acted as if so too but we can't be sure so he's going to have to stay until we get news from the doctors he's okay to go home.

"Mark?"
Jack says my name as he plays with my wedding ring, he was cold so I climbed into the bed with him.
"Yea, babe?"
"Thank you for being here."
"I'll always stay by your side, Jack. "Through sickness and health" I'm just staying loyal to my vows, honey."

I take his hand and kiss the cold metal of the ring and cuddle him closer to me.

"Is Amy still home?"
"Yea, she told me she wishes us luck and that she had stuff that needed her attention."
"Okay good. She can't be here."
She can't be here?
"Why do you say that? I thought you wanted us both to be here for you?"
"I do but she has stuff at home that needs to be taken care of."
Must be really important then.

"Go home and take a nap, please do that for me?"
"Jack, I don't want to leave your side."
"I'll be okay."
"No, I'm staying."
He doesn't argue back so I guess that I won so I just pull him closer to me and fall asleep.

It almost felt perfect to be right there with him and to be able to hold him again.
"I have something for you."
Jack turns in my arms ruining our spooning position.
"What is it?"
I look through the bag I brought with me and pull out the box I keep hidden, I give it to Jack, his eyes lit up holding it in his hands. Jack opens the box and finds the circle on a gold chain that opened with a picture of us on our first date and the other of us on our wedding day.

"Mark is so cute."
"Look at that jump. From our first time together to the start of our lives together."
"We changed so much,"
Jack is smiling, I feel completely seeing him smile.
"I looked so roughed up and soft. Now I look more like a man."
"You didn't before?"
Jack punches my shoulder in a playful manner.
"You know what I mean. Thank you, markimoo."
"I thought you'd forgot about that."

"Tell me another one of your stories, Mark."
"Want to hear the one when I was a stripper once?"
"Do I want to?"

"Of course you do. Well I was moving place to place since I wasn't the best at keeping my secret a secret and so when I found a place to settle down someone suggested that I became a prostitute and at first I was thinking "that'll get me a shit ton of money, but I couldn't actually do that." So I became I stripper. It's basically the same in a way just more respectable because I wouldn't have to have sex with strangers. I was the closing show meaning I would collect all the money and business until one day the boss of the place sold me, I know I was shock at this as well. He sold me to this drug dealer known as Cryaotic. I was his private show, he would make me dance for him and give him lap dances but one day he was so stressed and while living in his huge house I heard about how he is so I decided to give him more than just a dance. After that I became his sugar baby, I would give him sex and shows and all that and he would give me money to buy things I wanted, but one day the police crack him down and as much I begged him to run away with me he didn't, he keep going on about how he needed to protect his image. So when the shooting began I managed to split with some of the drug money to Japan for a few years until the story died out and I knew the state was safe to go back to again."

"Is that how you got so much money in those briefcases?"
"Yeah. Some of it is drug money while the other is stripper money."
"You've seen come shit, Mr. Fischbach."
"I sure have and I'll be happy to tell you about them when we both get back home healthy and safe."
"I love you, Mark."
"I love you too, Sean."