Chapter 34

I open the door and I was never more happy to see her, I give her a big hug and invite her in to sit on the couch.

"How are you doing, Mark?"
"I'm still in pain, but I'm slowly recovering. I still think he's around, I called to him and got worried when he didn't answer, but then remembered that he was gone. The house has never been this quiet before, I miss hearing him scream and yell when he plays his video games."
"I know how you feel, Mark. It's hard on both of us."
She puts her arm around my neck pulling me into another embrace and she cries.

"I can't stay long, because he's waiting in the car."
"Who is?"
"What Jack was keeping from you."
She goes back out and I count how long she has left the house for some odd reason I didn't even know and then I see the door open.
She walks in cooing someone else to come in and I can't take the wait anymore and decided to get up from the couch and see who was there.

It was a little boy that looked oddly familiar then it hit that this boy was the kid who was throwing the flowers as Sean followed him down the aisle, he had the same green hair as him with thick glasses.
"Mommy, why are we here?"
The boy says as he hides behind Amy's leg, I gasp as it all falls together that this was my husband's child.

"Remember when I told you about how daddy liked a boy?"
He nods and looks at me, eyes sparkling.
"This is the boy that daddy likes."
He walks towards me and I fall to my knees as he holds his hand out to me, I wrap my entire hand around his small and fragile hand.

"Hi, I'm Liam."
I laugh and manage to say through my tears hi back
"Hello, I'm Mark."
"Why are you crying, Mr. Mark?"
His small innocent voice says to me and I can't help but cry even more. There was so much resemblance to Sean and I can see why he looked and acted so childish.

"Do you need a hug? My daddy told me that a hug always helps."
Robbie hugs me and I hold him tight like I did with my Sean.
"It'll be okay, Mr. Mark. I miss daddy too."
"Liam this man is the one that daddy loved more than anything."
"Even more than me?"
"No, honey, he loved you more than he loved Mr. Mark."
Robbie turns to me and apologies. Melanie and I laugh and I invite them in from the door way and into the living room.

"Do you want anything to drink, Liam?"
"Do you have orange juice?"
"Yea, I'll get you some."
"Thank you."
I pour him a cup and sit him in the living room with cartoons playing for him while I talk to Amy in the kitchen.

"Mark, this is what Sean was talking about when he said that you needed to stay alive. You have a piece of Sean now and he's going to need you. He got full custody of him after our divorce but he decided to let him stay with me while he figured things out about himself, then he would take him back when he found peace with what he is, but now he's married to you and he's gone so that means-"
"He's my son."
I say interrupting her and I feel a warm explosion in my body as I look into the living room seeing him.
"Yes he is your son now."

"But why did he keep him a secret from me for this long?"
"He was scared you might leave him because he has a child and he thought that you weren't ready yet. He planned on telling you after your honeymoon."
"Thank you."
"Your going to need to take care of him and make sure he's alright 24/7, Mark. If he's hungry he needs food, if he's tired he needs to sleep, if-"

I grab Amy by both her shoulders and hold her arms length away.
"I know, Amy. I know how to take care of a child and I promise he will be in safe hands with me, he's my son. All I have left of Sean and I won't let him go."
"If you need anything call me you have my number. I'll bring his clothes and other stuff tomorrow morning. Just get to know him for now and make sure he'll be comfortable."
"I will."

"Hey, Robbie. Mark is going to take care of you, okay? He's your daddy and he's going to make sure that you are safe and happy, alright?"
"Where are you going mommy?"
"Don't worry honey I won't leave you, I'll come visit whenever you want."
"Okay I love you mommy."

"Take care of him, Mark."
"I will, Melanie."
I turn to Liam who was sitting on the couch watching SpongeBob. I join him.
"Do you like SpongeBob?"
"Yeah. He's like my dad."
"Because your dad is goofy like him?"
"Haha, yeah!"
"So Liam what do you want for dinner?"
He ums for a few minutes and I watch in amazement at how adorable and so much like Jack he is.
"Pizza!"
"Okay we'll order some pizza."