You're to blame

"Look Doctor... I know your Tardis is very valuable and means a lot to you. But you can live without your tardis! Could you really live with yourself knowing that you chose a box over your own daughter? I know its not ideal but our daughter is unique... You can always get another tardis. I can't get another Elizabeth." Sarah Jane began.

"Look Sarah... First of all, its not just a box. You of all people should know that. And secondlyI didn't say anything about choosing the tardis over our daughter! Do you think i'm that selfish that i would leave our daughter to die? Really! What do you take me for?" The doctor raised his voice at Sarah Jane, frustrated that she thought so lowly of him to not save his daughter.

"Don't take my words out of context." Sarah Jane rolled her eyes.

"Well ... This is how its gonna go Sarah. We're gonna save my daughter. And i'm keeping my tardis." The doctor exclaimed.

"That might be a bit tricky." Martha spoke up.

"This alien is ruthless doctor and rather indestructible! I'm not letting you risk our daughters life!" Sarah Jane shouted at the doctor.

"Look... Just take vinegar! Kill this slitheen once and for all. Nothing can come back from being exploded like that... Then if the slitheen is dead it cannot harm our daughter and i can keep my tardis." The doctor explained. Sarah jane was slightly annoyed that the doctor wouldn't choose between the two but she wasn't going to pursue the matter. At the end of the day she didn't care so long as her daughter survives this.

"Okay... I'll get the vinegar." Martha murmured before going down to the kitchen.

It was awkward with the doctor and Sarah... They weren't really talking to one another.

"Lets go down to the tardis and get our daughter back." The doctor finally broke the silence.

Sarah Jane nodded and they proceeded from the attic down to the tardis. They met Martha on the way down there and she gave the vinegar to Sarah Jane.

They all headed into the tardis.

"Have you got the location?" Sarah Jane asked the doctor.

"Yeah. Mr.Smith has put it through... Here goes." The doctor began before pulling the leaver which caused them to go flying to another location. Within moments they arrived.

Sarah Jane instantly rushed to the tardis doors and went outside... She wanted her daughter back now.

"Watch Sarah Jane." Martha warned the doctor, quietly so Sarah couldn't hear.

"What do you mean?" The doctor questioned her.

"She won't stop at anything to get her daughter back. She's a bit ruthless right now, but its understandable." Martha explained.

"She will be fine. I've got my eyes on her." The doctor murmured. They both then stepped out of the tardis.

The slitheen was there... It had elizabeth. A claw wrapped around the childs neck... Keeping her there.

"Let my daughter go." Sarah Jane began, she was hiding the vinegar behind her back.

"First you all step away from the tardis." The slitheen ordered. The doctor gulped... He wasn't going to let his alien take his ship. "Do it now or i'll kill the child." The slitheen warned them. They all scurried away from the tardis.

The slitheen approached the tardis with the child still in its grasp. When it got close enough, Sarah Jane got out the vinegar and chucked it over the slitheen... The slitheen was surprised, this was rather unexpected. Before it could even harm the child... It exploded into pieces.

Sarah Jane ran over to elisabeth who was remarkably okay.

"Its okay now... Mummys here and i'm not letting you go again!" Sarah Jane exclaimed before picking up her daughter. The doctor was happy that sarah had gotten what she wanted and martha couldnt help but smile at the reunion.

Sarah Jane put elizabeth down on the ground. Soon after the child fell down onto the ground and started convulsing... All three of them rushed over to the child.

"Whats happening to my child?" Sarah Jane asked. She thought her child was okay; she had just rescued her from the danger.

Then a screen lit up... A familiar foe was on the screen. "If this message is playing... Then i'm dead. This time i won't be coming back, you succeeded in defeating me. Well done! But I also get to take something from you; your daughter. She was never going to walk out of this alive. And you killing me didn't change that. You thought you were really rid of me huh? Did you really think i would come all this way without insurance?" The slitheen laughed.

The doctor was in shock... He thought they had done what needed to be done. Sarah was crying over her child who was no longer moving or breathing. And martha was stood there unsure what to do but even she had teared up.

"Sarah..." The doctor began.

"NO! Don't talk to me! How could you not see this happening? It was all too easy and too good to be true! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU'RE TO BLAME! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT YOURSELF AND YOUR STUPID TARDIS. SO LONG AS YOU HAVE THAT NOTHING ELSE MATTERS DOES IT? BUT WHAT ABOUT ME?! WHAT ABOUT MY DAUGHTER? OUR DAUGHTER? DON'T TALK TO ME DOCTOR, I CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT YOU." Sarah Jane shouted before going back to crying.

The doctor asked himself the same question. There was no one to blame but himself. Ever since he had returned he had only put Sarah and his child in danger... So somehow. He needed to put this all right... He needed a miracle.

*************************************
A/n
Im sorry this took so long idk. Im tryna get back to writing my books its just challenging because i have so many.

I wanna finish this real soon and i intend on actually doing it.

Gonna try draft this book and sort out some updates.

Thanks for reading,

Freya xo