Life goes on

It had been two months. Two months of nothing... two months of being alone. Sure, Martha checked in every so often. But Sarah Jane felt like that was only because the doctor told her to, not out of free will.

Even though she still wasn't over losing Elizabeth ... Life goes on. It has to. Everything has it time and everything ends... and Sarah Jane knew she had to do something other than mourn over her daughter.

So she had been hunting aliens like usual, maybe a bit more extreme in her methods but she needed something to preoccupy her from her life and her thoughts... and well this helped.

Sarah Jane snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the door knocking. She looked at the time; 1pm. Martha had been checking in on her everyday since the doctor left at this time sharp everyday. Sarah Jane liked the company... but she didn't want Martha to be here because she pitied her.

She headed to the front door, she didn't want Martha's pity but she also wasn't rude enough to ignore the door. Especially when someone had made the effort to come and see her, even if it was out of sympathy.

"Hi Sarah Jane." Martha began.

"Hi." Sarah Jane replied. There was a brief moment of silence and awkwardness. "So what can I do for you today?" Sarah Jane asked her.

"I was just checking to see how you are." Martha responded.

"You check in everyday Martha and you really needn't bother. My answers always the same." Sarah Jane rolled her eyes.

"How can you pretend everythings okay Sarah? You daughters dead! The man you love has gone god knows where... it's okay not be okay. And you don't need to pretend otherwise to me. You may be good at convincing people but I can see through that. Really you're hurting." Martha exclaimed.

"I don't love him, don't ever say that again! And don't you dare bring up the past, you have no right! He's sent you here hasn't he? To check up on me every once again. Well you tell him there's no need Martha. If he has something to say or wants to know whether i'm okay or not... he can come and check himself. After all he has that precious tardis that he chose over our daughters life." Sarah Jane snapped.

"You know thats not true,  he-" Martha began.

"- Just go Martha. If you're going to come to my house in future don't do it on anyone elses behalf but your own." Sarah jane told her before slamming her front door. She then headed up yo her attic. She needed to work. She needed a distraction.

*

Martha felt as if she had failed the doctor. He asked her to do one simple task and she couldn't even manage to do it.

But she had tried... and that meant something.

But Martha kept hoping the doctor would come back for her and that they could have more adventures together. It didn't seem to be happening though and Martha began to question whether she meant anything to the doctor.

But then everything comes to an end... it has to.

*
Sarah jane felt as if she was a little mean to Martha, but she was just expressing how she felt...

She sighed before heading up to the attic, she better do something with her day today.

Sarah Jane entered the attic, shocked by what she could see... her daughter was stood in the centre. No, sarah Jane thought... this couldn't be true. Her daughter had died, she buried her daughter... her daughter was gone. There was no way she could be here. It had to be alien or something.

"K9!" Sarah Jane called, her robotic dog came immediately.

"Scan her. My daughter died... this can't be her." Sarah Jane ordered. K9 followed his order.

"My sensors indicate that this is a young 10year old human being... DNA matches Elizabeths." K9 responded.

"Elizabeth?" Sarah Jane spoke startled. She then ran over to her daughter and pulled her into a deep hug. She was never ever going to let her out of her sight again.

"Your friend told me to give you this." Elizabeth told Sarah Jane before giving her a piece of paper.

It read;

Sarah,

You were right.. this was my fault. I done nothing but endanger you and Elizabeth and no one feels worse about that than me.

I done what needed to be done, I brought our daughter back home to you. And i will pay the price.

You're better off without me and the trouble I bring. Away is where I'll stay. I know you'll do a great job of raising our child and you're better off without me messing everything up.

I want you to do good Sarah, I want you to take care and have a good life. I want you to find someone that could give you what I never could. Just know I care about you and that's why I'm staying away.

I love you Sarah, Forever and always.

- the doctor.

*************************************
A/n
So i guess i've finally finished this book idk where it really went but yeah... i enjoyed writing this even if i took forever to update most of the time.

Thanks to everyone who read, voted and commented on this book. It means alot.

~ freya xx