The Trip part 2

As they were getting out of the Phantom, Kanan was clearly excited but... Ezra seemed to be nervous and afraid. He was afraid that he'll somehow ruin everything and that Kanan would hate him even more. Those thoughts were not leaving his head.

The two were walking towards a small open field. They had landed inside the forest and it was a very nice and calm spot. The trees were surronding them and the air was fresh, it was quite pleasant.

"Wow, It's beautiful out here"Kanan said while Ezra looked around a bit more "Yeah, I guess it is..."

"Alright, Hera gave us 3 days. So we'll be camping here."Kanan said pointing towards the small open field Ezra nodded again forcing a small smile to cross his lips. It was exhausting to do, it hurt to smile at Kanan but as a lie.

Suddenly ''it'' came again.

"How adorable you'll be camping with your Master....too bad that he hates you and only pretends that he doesn't."The voice said

Ezra stayed silent this time he...he knew that was true but he didnt realise that he had stayed silent trapped in his thoughts for quite a long time.

"Earth to Ezra?  Everything okay ?"Kanan said coming closer to the boy

Ezra then winced and looked at Kanan. That question "Everything okay ?" hurt the younger boy so much. He wanted to tell Kanan everything, he wanted to answer "No" but he couldnt, his feelings his guilt was stopping him. He felt like he didnt deserve Kanan's help.

"Oh.. sorry Master, everything is okay. I was just thinking...what did you say?"Ezra asked

"I said that Hera let us be here for 3 days and that we'll be camping here"Kanan said with a smile. Ezra answered with an "Okay" but his anxiety spiked. 3 days was a lot, how could he face Kanan for full 3 days.

The older man felt the anxiety spike coming from Ezra. 

"Why are you nervous?"Kanan asked in concern. Ezra winced at the question but the answered looking down "I....I don't know, I just feel nervous.....". He couldnt think of an appropriate excuse. Kanan smiled softly and said "Hey, there is nothing to be nervous about, this trip will be fun so let's enjoy our time"

There was a small pause as Ezra looked up at Kanan but tried avoiding eye contact"...Yeah, I guess your right"

"Alright lets set up the camp"Kanan said but as soon as he said it Ezra tensed up barely managing to mutter "O-Okay...."

"Ezra you alright ?"Kanan asked. Again that question, Ezra wanted to answer it honestly but he quickly said something else.

"It's just.....I never camped with someone or....you know had real equipment before....since I was living on the streets...."Ezra said in a shaky voice, he was still scared of how will Kanan react

"Ezra...."Kanan said put his arm on Ezra's shoulder gently. He saw this as the perfect opportunity to talk a bit with the boy.

"I know that you had a rough childhood...but you are not alone anymore. You have me and the crew"Kanan said softly. He wanted to tell Ezra this clearly for a while but something always interrupted it.

"...Thanks Master"Ezra said but was still really afraid that he'll mess something up

"Okay now lets set up camp"Kanan said and Ezra gave him a nod

AFTER SETTING UP THE CAMP.....

"Okay so what do we do now?"Ezra asked. They were sitting down on some blankets they had previously set down.

"Hmm...well I don't really have  a plan so we do whatever we want.., any ideas?"Kanan asked looking towards the boy as he shook his head "Umm no.."