12 Years Passed (ESTELLA)

Yes, I was a terrible mother. I thought I was the curse in his life.
It was my fault that he brought you into this world. He left me to believe that it was my fault that you were alive. I could hardly touch you without getting scared of you somehow detecting my guilt. I suffered a whole lot of pain because of that secret.
I had issues with my parents and they decided to turn on you since I got you when I wasn't married.
I had to divert their gazes. My parents' and James'. So this is what I did:
I was in the family business which your father never knew about.
I was keeping so many secrets from him because I hardly trusted him knowing the kind of person his father was.
Your grandfather never liked me because I introduced myself as a fortune-less black woman whose family was far away. He hated me since and swore to take you from me.
Times were getting tough. My parents demanding my presence in the business and your grandfather's threats against your existence.
So I did what he wanted me to do.
I used your second name which no one knew of except your Giagiá, your father and I so it would be harder for them to find you.
I know you don't really remember much of this part but we were involved in a car crash and I took that opportunity to fake my death in the fire. That's why Helena has amnesia. Nobody really knows who you are or where I am so I am asking you to please be discreet of your trip and please do invite your girlfriend.
I'd really love for you to meet some people.
Please do reply so I can set everything up for you.
Please do not tell your father either, and thank you for telling me that he was alive, sorry I didn't believe you at first but you have to understand how hard it was for me and still is to accept that sorrowful piece of information.
I love you as always.