Ch 24: What a Beach

You wake up as the sun hasn't even shown across the horizon. You carefully slide out of Kurumu's cuddle and step out of the tent without waking anyone. You were just sitting in the cold sand waiting from the sunset on some rocks by the water. The waves crashed the mini jetty and it was a calm and mellow feeling. You were resting your eyes laying against the rocks when you hear footsteps.

"Who is it?" You ask eyes still closed and not turning your head back.

"Me! The one who cuddled you asleep." Responded Kurumu.

You open your eyes and you lunge at her with a hug. "Morning Cutie. How'd you sleep?"

"Good until you left me."

"Sorry. I thought if I was up I'd wake you. Next time I'll lay there and keep you warm.

She hugs tour side and clings on. "Or you can keep warm right here by the water."

"Not arguing."

"You better not. Just because you are my mate of fate doesn't mean I can't slap you." She giggled.

"Okay that giggle got me a little scared. Nevermind that it's high tide. Fisherman are out. I still got that deal with Ms. Nekonome. I owe her that much."

"So you catching a fish hopefully?" She asked.

"Kurumu I highly doubt I can do fishing like these guys can. But perhaps greasing their palms will be okay."

"You mean if you can't catch it then buy it?"

"Correct. Find a big flounder if you can."

The sun was just rising when when they went to the piers where all the fisherman had spots. Some catch and release and others trying to get something on the table. Most weren't biting. It seemed like it was going to be hard for finding something suitable. Crabs were popular so it seemed. Then you both notice something moving around in a big bucket. You in it it's a huge flounder close to five pounds in weight. You walk over to the fisherman standing next to it.

"Excuse me sir is that flounder for sale?" You ask.

"Get lost kid I don't take low ballers or kid discounts." He huffed.

"I'm not no kid. $50 (American currency sorry fans but I'm an American) take it or leave it." You glared at him.

"$50? You sure kid? I don't believe you."

You flash him the money. "Last chance. Deal or what?"

"You got a deal my good man. Here it's all yours. Take the bucket with you too if you need it. Pleasure doing business."

Kurumu just stared at it the whole time. She saw a whole other side to you. She knew you were tough, bold, and a little headstrong but for two days it was this "all in" kid with money attitude. She couldn't take it anymore.

You were half way back to the tent on the beach when she grabbed your hand and both stood in place.

"Stop! Just what are doing?" She hissed.

"Huh? What did I do?"

"Don't pull that one you aren't dense. You're hiding something aren't you."

"What would I hide?"

"You didn't spoil me ever like this before. Are you rich and never told me?" She asked. "I'm flattered about all our date and everything together but something just stinks here. Spill it! Who's cash (F/N)?"

You exhale. "Fine take a look."

You hand her the credit card. The name says Kazu (L/N).

"You.... you stole this from..... your father?" She was shocked.