Chapter Fifteen.

Unedited!

Sophie's POV:

I shot up in my bed in a siting position, all drenched in sweat. My heart was beating in my chest very fast and my stomach twisted and turned. I shot out of bed and ran towards the bathroom. I let out the continents from my stomach into the toilet.

I backed myself against the tub and buried my head in between my knees.

That has had to be the worst one yet. I felt like I was dying all over again. I let that sink in.

Oh my god. . .I almost died in my sleep. . .

***

I waited patiently on my couch as I wait for Ann to arrive. I was in my black polo shirt, khakis shorts, and black and white converse. My bag laid across my couch, with all my things falling out. I groaned and shoved them back in, when I heard beeping from outside.

I scold at the door. Dang it, Ann. I told you not to beep so loud! Mr. Wilkins will be very upset. . .and it's what Sarah used to do.

I grab my bag and ran out the apartment, locking it first, to Ann's Range Rover. She opened the door from inside and I got in. Already, Mr. Wilkins was opening his door. "Go," I demand.

She rolls her eyes and backs out of the parking lot. We remained in silence the whole ride, which is unusual saying that we're always blasting music in the car and belting out the lyrics to any song that was playing. "We're stopping by Henry's place to pick him up. Said his car broke down the minute he turned it on." Ann explained.

I shrug my shoulders and shifted in my seat. "Alright."

My phone buzzed in my pocket. Fortunately, she didn't hear it. We pulled up by the apartment Henry stayed in—since there were no more at where I'm living—and waited for Henry to walk over to us. He carefully opened the back door and threw in his bag, coming inside right after. 

Again, pure silence as we drove on the road again. My phone buzzed again, only this time she heard it. She glared at me. "Let me guess, Josh?" She said with a mixture of angry, upset, and annoyed. I checked my phone to see it was in fact, Josh. But, there was another from Carter.

"Yeah. . ." I trailed off, not looking her in the eye.

"Of course."

We arrived at school, and instantly the car shut off and Ann was hurrying to the building. I got out and went after her. "Ann–"

I was pulled back by Henry, and he didn't look to happy. "I take it, you know?" He asked, referring to Ann's crush on Josh.

"Yeah, so?" Okay, maybe not the best thing to say.

"'So'? Sophie, that's not right! How would you feel if Ann was flirting with your crush?"

"I am not flirting with him!" I protest. "Hey!" He stole my phone from my pocket and unlocked it. I curse the day I ever gave him my passcode!

Henry's eyes wandered around the screen and began to read some of our texts out loud.

"Josh, 'You're so badass, you know that?'"
"You, 'I try.'"
"Josh, 'You're also very cute.' Winky face."
"You, 'Aw, stop it I'm blushing!' Blushing face emoji"
"You again, 'Got to go, getting kind of tired.'"
"Josh, 'Good night, babe. Love you.'"
"You, 'Love you too!' Heart emoji."

Henry glared at my phone. "That sounds a lot like flirting to me."

"Okay, Henry. I don't have time to be lectured right now on how I'm being a bad friend. I have to get to class–"