Chapter Six

Before the encounter. . .

Austin's POV:

A piece of popcorn landed between my feet, followed by another one. Robert and Mark were tossing them at each other's mouths, missing almost every time. One landed in Robert's opened mouth, then fell out. They whined but continued to throw. AC sat beside me, slurping the last of his soda. He let out an enormous burp, causing almost every head of the people that sat around us.

Dan and Jerry were off trying to flirt their way into sitting next to these cute girls from the other school, I'm guessing.

The game had already started, and I paid some what of a attention. So far, the other school is in the winning by four points to nothing. God, Miami Beach High School's team sucked. I remember when I was in school, I joined. I was good at it, too.

My eyes skimmed around the field, trying to spot a player to Sarah's school's advantage, but I got distracted. My stomach kept tumbling from hunger, but I was down to my last quarter. Literally. I pulled out the small, silver coin and tossed it up into the air. "This could be good for entertainment." I mumbled before tossing it again.

Unfortunately, it landed in a jungle of curls that sat before me. "Fuck." I cursed under my breath before reaching a hand out. It kept sinking further into the girls hair every time she moved or cheered. "Stop moving." I muttered. I took my chances and dug my hand in her hair and managed to get the coin. However, my fingers got caught in a few of the tangled in her hair.

She turned around, but stopped to shriek when my fingers accidentally tugged on her curls. "Get your hand out of my hair!" She swat at my hands, then moved to whack my face.

You know what, a coin isn't much of an entertainment. I tugged and tugged until finally my hand was free from her hair.

So was the chunk of hair in my hand.

The girl shriek much louder and shot up from her spot. Her eyes were filled with tears ready to pour like a water fall. She leaped over the bench she was sat on and tackled me.

"You bitch!"

"Mother fucking asshole!"

"I'll tear you head off with my bare hands!"

"Do you know how long it's going to take to grow back what you tore from my skull?!"

Every punch was another insult or nagging statement that, frankly, I don't care to listen. My eyes averted to the crowd of people witnessing this fight. A few were laughing, taking pictures even. Others were scolding me down.

I push the girl off of me, which only earned myself some more scolding from the girls in the group. But I don't care anymore. The guys pay no mind to me, focused on the game that was still going. I weaved through the loads of people and try to make it to the end without tripping over or getting punched in the face by some fucker who wasn't careful when cheering.

Either way, I was hungry. Hopefully I would find a dollar somewhere.

I reached the bottom of the stands, by the exit. Already, I could smell fresh popcorn and pretzels being placed for display. I passed a couple who were making out and I restrained myself from shouting at them.