Chapter Twenty Three

Unedited!

Austin's POV:

I paced back and forth by the door to Ben's place. It's been a week; a week since Sophie has been kidnapped. I knew I couldn't just sit around and wait for her to appear out of the blues.

I had to do something. 

And I needed Ben's help, sadly.

Hesitantly, I knock on his door. I waited a few seconds before Niall opened the door. He raised a brow once he saw me. "Carter?"

I cringed at the name. Being called Carter started all this drama. It sounded more powerful, more fiercer--but, it left a lot of damage along the way. "I go by Austin now."

He nodded and gave a small smile. "Finally decided to take back the name?"

"Yeah--can I come in? I need to speak to Ben."

"Sure." He opened the door further and allowed me in. The place was still the same; neat and clean. Liam and Zayn were sat in the kitchen table, Louis and Harry were sat on thr couch, watching the news. "Ben's on the phone right now, so you might have to wait a while." Niall informed me before taking a seat in between Louis and Harry.

They looked up at me and raised their brows. I glared at them.

Louis spoke up. "What's brought you here?"

"I need to talk to Ben about something." I respond, phone in hand.

"Is this about Sophie?" Niall asked. I remained silent, staring down at my phone. "Mind telling us what exactly happened?"

I took a deep sigh and glanced up at the three who watched me curiously. "Sophie, Henry, and their friend--Ann I think was her name--were abducted outside of their school. The other day I came because I received a text saying they've got Sophie again and they were going to finish the job. Me assuming it was Ben, I came straight over here." I sigh again and fiddle with my phone. "Guess I was wrong."

"We're sorry to hear that. Is there anything we can do to help?" Niall asked.

I shrugged my shoulder.

In that moment, Ben came down the stairs with a phone plastered to his ear. "Whatever." He said in a playful tone and took a pause. "I love you too, baby." He blew a kiss then hung up.

When Ben's eyes met mine, his face turned pale. "Who was that?" I asked smirking.

"U-Uh, no one." He said, which was a clear lie. Obviously, you don't randomly call people baby. "What are you doing here anyways?" Ben asked.

I looked over at the three still sitting on the couch and the two from the kitchen eyeing me curiously. "I have something important to discuss with you."

My eyes averted back to Ben, who's eyebrow was raised. Instead of giving me an answer or asking any further questions, he gestured with his hand for me to follow him.

I was lead up the stairs and into some office, which I'm assuming is his. I took a seat on the seat in front of his desk and watched as he did the same with his.

Ben set his phone on his desk and leaned forward. "So, Mahone. What is it that you have to tell me?" Ben asked, holding back a smirk.

I swear, I'll rip his-

"I need your help." I cut off my thoughts.

"And exactly with what?"

"Finding Sophie."

The mention of her name seemed to make his muscle tense up and face became hard. He cleared his throat and sat up a bit. I noticed his eyes were slowly becoming watery. "Uh, sure."