Chapter Eighteen

Unedited

Sophie's POV:

I don't know why, but I feel like everyone was watching me; studying me. Today when arriving to school, almost everyone kept their eyes on me, whispering to one another.

During my classes, so far, people have been talking amongst one another, glancing back at me. Even the teachers were giving me weird looks.

I went to the bathroom to check for anything out of the ordinary on my face or clothes, a stain maybe? But, when I looked into the marked mirrors of the girls bathroom, there was nothing different.

My eyes were still green, I didn't forget to put on my eye contacts. My hair was still a dark shade of red, loose curls on the ends.

Nothing was different or wrong with me, so then why was everyone acting so strange?

I sigh and cursed under my breath. Now to endure more of their stares.

My hands placed over the smooth surface of the door and pushed it forward. Accidentally, I knocked someone down to the ground.

"Crap," I pushed the door more open and squat down to see who it was I knocked the living lights out of them. "Shit, Ann I'm so sorry!" I quickly apologized while trying to help her up.

Not once did she make eye contact with me. Her response was only a mumble.

Two girls passed by us and stopped in their tracks once they took in the scene. "Oh my god," one of them whispered.

"What?" I scrunch up my eyebrows.

"I didn't think she would snap? Having to deal with that big of a secret must be too much to handle." The other said.

Big secret?

My heart sank just knowing what they might be talking about.

That's when I notice a crowd has formed around us. How did I not notice this?

"Let go of me," Ann whispered, trying to break free from my hold on her arm that I have yet to let go.

"Let go of her!" Another girl yelled at me.

That's when I felt her arm being pulled from grasp. I looked around the crowd. Ann was pulled by Henry, who gave me sad eyes. Oh God, do they think I was going to hurt her? I was only trying help her up!

Henry took two strides over to me, then grabbed my wrist in his hand. "Sophie, uh," he started off, taking a pause.

"The nerve that jackass has." Someone from the crowd shout.

"What Henry?" I pushed, ignoring the comment--partially because I was lost.

"They found out."

My heart sank further into the pit of my stomach. "W-What?"

Henry shook his head softly, mouth hanging open. "Someone told everyone what happened. They think all that weight of losing both your parents, being held captive, and almost dying has finally got to you." He explained. Tears formed in his eyes as he opened his mouth to speak again. "They even know about Fred, and how he was my brother."

That's when I notice all the death glares people were giving Henry right now.

Tears filled up my eyes, one escaping. "T-They think I've lost it?" That fucking hurt. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, not to mention probably think less of me now.

Anger boiled inside of me and I shot Ann a cold stare. "Did you tell everyone this?" I refrained from yelling, but the urge was strong.

Ann's eyes widen and shook her head. "N-No! I didn't even know that happened to you and Henry!"

"Liar!" I growled. Yep, couldn't hold it back any longer. "You wanted to get back at me for not telling you about my past! Well, I hope it was all worth it you fucking-"

"But I didn't do anything!" Ann was sobbing by now. Fucking weak ass bitch. Her glossy eyes looked into mines. "Sophie, you have to believe m-"

"Fuck you, you bitch!" I hissed at her. I know I was only giving off the image that I had lost it, but I didn't give a fuck. She betrayed me. "I hate you, Ann!" I turned on my heels and ran towards the exit.

"Sophie!" Henry yelled from behind me.

I pushed open the door and ran into the parking lot. That's when I broke down and cried. Cried for the loss of my parents. Cried for what I went through. Cried for what Henry went through. And cried for losing myself.

A hand placed over my shoulder. I looked up at Henry and cried some more. Ann appeared by his side with bloodshot eyes.

"Soph-"

"Get away from me!" I growled. I got up and to make matters worse, I slapped her across the right cheek.

That's when my sense came back and I realized what I had just done. Ann shed some tears as her right hand covered her red cheek.

"Sophie," Henry snapped at me.

I looked at him and then at Ann who broke out into more tears.

Oh god.

"Ann," she backed away from me.

More tears filled up my eyes at the sight of her crying. Josh was in the distance, running towards us. Henry glared at him. "What does that dick want?"

"Sophie!" He ran passed Ann, who looked even more hurt than before. "Oh my god, what happened to you three?" He asked, glancing around at us.

Before I can even respond to him, Henry shouted at me,"Sophie look out-"

Something came in contact with the back of my head, knocking me into a deep, dark, sleep.

***

Hey guys! So much drama, ah! Anyways, what do you think happens next? I'll only tell you one thing: you're in for a shock.

Carter will come out in the next chapter. I feel like this story is more about Sophie, than Carter. Sorry...