9. Betrayal

You stared through the glass window, at the swimming pool that was right outside the room, as you sipped on a glass of orange juice

You stared through the glass window, at the swimming pool that was right outside the room, as you sipped on a glass of orange juice. Your hair was tied in a bun and you were wearing one of Jin's shirts, since he had given you one.

Jin has been very hospitable, so you had no idea why Yoongi still refused to trust him. Maybe it was because Yoongi had such difficulty in giving out his trust, you weren't even sure if he trusted you, but you honestly didn't know.

During your meal last night, you learned a bit more about Jin, him being the only child of a politician and also of him being a college student majoring in political science, although his passion was directed towards cooking and acting.

"Obligations are different from dreams," You remembered what Jin told you during last night's conversation. "I guess you can't have them both."

"Yes, you can," You had replied to Jin. "It just takes a little balance."

You turned around when you heard the door slowly open. Jin was peeking his head through the gap, his blonde hair messy and his face a bit swollen, signalling that he had just woken up as well. His necklace, which enclosed the gem, was hanging from his neck, standing out because of its silver color.

"Good morning, Jin," You greeted as Jin stepped into the room, revealing his black turtleneck to you. You blushed a bit and wondered how someone could look so good right after waking up.

"...Morning, Sky," Jin muttered with his raspy morning voice while scratching his head. For some reason, his words sounded... forced. "Are you... Do you and Yoongi need something?"

"Nah, we're fine," You smiled as you faced the swimming pool once again and continued to drink. "So, you swim?"

Jin walked towards you and was now standing beside you, but he replied to you with silence. You glanced at him and saw his serene expression, wondering he looked so lost.

"I don't, actually," Jin said after a while, his arms crossed. It was at that moment you noticed, whenever Jin wasn't speaking, he had a permanent pout on his face because of his thick lips. "I never did. My mom does, though, which was my father had this made. I... well, I was forbidden to swim."

You thought about it for a while and came to one conclusion: "Are you allergic to water?"

"...No," Jin held the gem and stared at it with a blank expression. You raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was thinking. "I kinda had a... bad experience with water when I was younger."

You nodded, completely understanding Jin, since a similar reason has caused you to permanently fear high places. You continued to drink, stopping after you realized that there was nothing left in your glass but ice.

Jin, on the other hand, had realized something while staring at you. What was he doing? He definitely didn't come to your room to chat. He nodded to himself, firmly deciding what was supposed to be done.