45. Illusions

A/N - I TRIED UPDATING RIGHT AFTER THE COMEBACK BUT I COULDN'T THINK STRAIGHT CKANAN so here's a 6k chap for y'all

Even though Jimin knew that the others could handle themselves, he still glanced behind him constantly because he was worried about his friends, worried that the masked woman would overpower them somehow. Still, he knew that he could trust them and if they worked together – more precisely, if Taehyung would cooperate – then the woman would stand absolutely no chance against them.

Jimin stared at the other people who had decided to join him and Kaeva, glad that they had decided to assist him. When he saw you struggling to stand even with the support of both Emily and Yoongi, you wondered who the masked woman was and why she was so intent on killing you. Since he had developed deep friendships with each one of you, he was anxious at how half of the group was out of his sight. Although, after thinking about it for a while, the thunder gem bearer realized that right now, the priority was to restore Bliksem and get Kaeva and himself to the tower safely.

Speaking of the Tower of Life, the explosions had strangely stopped, leaving just a single pillar of thick grey smoke coming from its right side. Of course, Jimin was glad that the Helians had stopped destroying the tower but the fact there were both good and bad reasons why didn't sit well with him.

Before Jimin could worry himself any further, he felt something wooden press against his chest, stopping him in his tracks. Emily was next to him, blocking his way with her wooden bow, dark eyes making it obvious that she was in full protector mode. "Jimin, look."

Jimin stared at Emily for a moment before he followed her gaze, eyes widening when he realized that they were in front of the tower, only being separated by a wide garden, one that was dotted with wilted grass and dry flowers, red brick roads covered with a thick layer of mold. He stared sadly, trying to imagine the garden in full bloom, when all the plants were bright and colorful, lively green grass dancing in the wind. But, no, now they were all dead. This alone made his blood boil, electricity sparking around his arms.

"I know," Kaeva spoke with a low voice and squeezed Jimin's arm in comfort. "What they did to Bliksem was horrible, Jimin. Did you know that we were crowned the most beautiful city of Vrede a few years back?"

Jimin held both of Kaeva's hands, gripping them tightly as he stared into her eyes. "I promise that I'll fix everything, alright?"

Kaeva nodded, a warm smile on her face. However, before Jimin could reply, Yoongi spoke in a snarling tone, almost mockingly, making the thunder gem bearer face his unamused expression with a raised eyebrow. It was a fact that the older boy had been acting strangely, he could tell the moment he reunited with the gang. "You're going to have to get passed those guards first before promising anything, marmalade."

"Did you just call Jimin a marmalade?," You asked with a snicker, Yoongi replying with a small smile. Jimin was about to question the nickname as well until he faced the tower's base and saw Helian soldiers lined up in front of the metal doors, all armed with spears, bows and swords. He sighed, knowing that breaking in isn't going to be easy.