13. Return

"Are you ready to party?"

"Shut up, Seokjin," Yoongi groaned as he adjusted the collar of his tuxedo in front of a mirror, a bit pissed by how crooked his bowtie looked. "You've been saying that for the past hour."

"Apologies, Yoongi, attending a party just... excites me. After all, I was a regular guest," Jin had a wide smile on his face as he stared as his own reflection, admiring how good he looked. "We should be glad that this year's theme is a masquerade ball. At least, we have an excuse to hide our faces. Also, last year's Victorian theme was disastrous, well, for the women it was."

Yoongi sighed aa he fixed his grey bangs so that it wouldn't cover his eyes. The two men were in Jin's bedroom, finalizing their look for the fancy party, while you were changing into your dress in the bathroom. "Are you sure that a wig would be enough to cover Cloud's hair?"

"Of course I am. Unless something goes terribly wrong and the wig falls off her head, we'll be fine," Jin wore his necklace, which had the water gem, after he put on his black tie. He turned around with a smile and faced Yoongi, who was still struggling with his bowtie. "Let me assist you."

Yoongi was silent as Jin untied and fixed his bowtie. Many thoughts were floating in his mind; the scary thought of being in a room full of strangers, how tight the bowtie was that it seemed like Jin was strangling him and most importantly, his feelings for you.

When it came to socializing, Yoongi would score a negative out of a hundred if it was a test. He had already lost his trust for people in general after his mother, who should have been his pillar in life, treated him like an animal. To be honest, he still had a bit of trouble trusting you and Jin, but he at least knew that there was a bit of jot by being in their presence.

And that was exactly why Yoongi was so confused with himself. Why was he growing feelings for you, despite all the trust issues he had?

"...gi," Jin waved a hand in front of Yoongi's face, snapping him out of his trance. "Yoongi, are you alright? You were in deep thought."

"I'm fine," Yoongi spat and looked away, clicking his tongue. Despite this, Jin knew exactly what was going on in his mind.

"You're thinking about Sky, aren't you?," Jin said as he stepped backwards and scanned Yoongi from head to toe, before smiling like a proud parent. "I can tell."

"No, I'm not," Yoongi replied quicker than a heartbeat and faced the mirror. He was shocked by how... different he looked, especially since he's never worn a suit before. The cloth of his tuxedo wrapped around his body perfectly, putting his thin limbs to his advantage. Since he had bright pale skin, it complimented his black suit, even making his hair stand out. Jin also insisted that he put on lip balm, so his lips were red like cherry plums.

"I'm sure that Sky will appreciate the way you look, Yoongi," Jin didn't even flinch when Yoongi threw piercing glares at him. He was amused by how the younger still refused to accept that he indeed was growing feelings for you. "There's no use in denying."