92. Fear

Jin had to process everything that happened so far

Jin had to process everything that happened so far. First of all, he witnessed Jimin pounce on a Helian noble and beat the crap out of him for insulting Namjoon. The sight was strange, drawing multiple conflicting emotions from the water gem bearer, but he couldn't help but chuckle as both Yoongi and Emily cheered him on.

Second, being in jail again. Jin honestly was scared out of his mind. He was curled into a ball, knees stuck to his chest as he stared around the tiny place that was his cell. Again, the water gem bearer felt like the walls around him were closing.

Jin wanted to feel Emily's warm hug around him. However, being in a separate cell, the only thing he could do was wrap his arms around himself. Eyes shut, the water gem bearer gritted his teeth at the memory of playing hide and seek as a child, at how he was nearly not found after cramming himself in between the floorboards of his house.

And as if God himself heard Jin's wishes, suddenly his cell door was open. Emily was standing there whilst spinning the keys in her hands. That was his third point— Freedom. Courtesy of General Jisoo, who was given orders not by Taehyung but by Shay.

Jin had difficulty believing that, especially with Shay's countless attempts of killing anyone from his team. Notably, she was consistent when it came to targeting you for some reason. Still, she was Taehyung's little sister. Although the circumstances made it sound impossible— maybe she did have a change of heart.

Feeling Emily's tight grip around his arm, Jin snapped back to reality. He looked down and saw the protector glancing around wearily, her gaze mostly glued at General Jisoo's figure.

Jin knew that he was type of person whose thoughts would drift away randomly despite how deadly the situation was, one of those times being now. Instead of worrying like everyone else, the water gem bearer suddenly remembered what Emily mentioned to be her dream.

A certain thought rang at the very back of Jin's mind and made him smile.

Now that Yoongi retrieved Holly, they were on the way to Taehyung and Sky— in quite a hurry, may Jin add. They were all running. The fire gem bearer was cradling the dragon like a baby, its beady eyes staring back at him. It then yawned loudly and stretched its wing before closing its eyes. Cute.

"Wait," Jungkook spoke suddenly from next to General Jisoo. "You mean to tell me that Tae and Sky are not in the throne room but in Hel's lab?"

Jin shivered at the mention of Hel's throne room. He still remembered the chaos in there— they checked because nobody wanted to trust General Jisoo. There were signs of struggle everywhere; charred patches on the marble ground, carcasses of Helian soldiers scattered everywhere and strangely enough, some black feathers resting on the ground. No sign of you or Taehyung.

"Indeed, Crowned Prince Jungkook," General Jisoo replied in a flat tone. Jin could see Jungkook stiffen at the mention of his status.

"But why the lab?," Namjoon answered instead with a pant. Jimin was holding his hand tight and ran at normal speed. "Why would King Michael want to bring those two there?"