37. Comfort

The first thing Emily noticed about the rebel group was that all of them were women in tribal clothing, leather boots and straps adorning their legs, skirts barely covering their private area, along with bras patterned with variations of animal fur

The first thing Emily noticed about the rebel group was that all of them were women in tribal clothing, leather boots and straps adorning their legs, skirts barely covering their private area, along with bras patterned with variations of animal fur. Every single face was filled with rage, black and red paint lined on their cheeks, eyes dark brown yet bright, hair ranging from light purple to dark purple hues. They were surrounding all nine of them, armed with wooden bows and spears. Jin had released himself from the net and now had his arms wrapped tightly around her.

Emily glanced around, observing how the others had reacted to this situation. Yoongi had a tight grip on your waist, eyes burning as they glowed a bright orange, whilst you stood and held the katana in your hands. Jimin was standing behind Namjoon, who looked torn between switching into his offensive mode or not since the rebel group's members were residents of his kingdom. Jungkook had his big white wings spread behind him, making him look even more powerful, teeth gritted. Taehyung's hands were balled into fists, his mouth curled into a scowl, eyes dark purple under the shadow of his hood. All nine of them were forming a circle as the rebel group pointed their weapons at them.

Following her instincts, Emily attempted to slap her wristband and summon her electric bow, then she remembered how it had been destroyed before their journey through the pyramids. Realizing this and knowing that she was supposed to be your protector, she suddenly felt useless. Without her weapon and having no knowledge of the Vredeian language, there was nothing she could do to help.

"Wie ben je?! Wie heeft u naar Aarde gebracht?," One of the women in the front lines screamed, voice thick with her Vredeian accent, spear dangerously close to Yoongi's face. Her light purple hair was braided and coiled. "Onthul jezelf, verminken!"

"What did she say?," Emily heard Jin whisper next to her, fingers digging into her shoulder blades with hot breath fanning her cheeks slightly. "Do you understand Vredeian, Emily?"

"I don't," Emily replied after a few moments of silence, expecting Jin to ask her why she couldn't speak the language of her own home planet but instead she heard nothing. Maybe Jin thought the topic was too touchy for her or that she wouldn't be able to answer him anyway. Whatever his grounds were, she was glad that he was kind enough to consider her feelings.

This made Emily wonder about her own past, who her parents were, who had decided to send her off to Earth at such a young age and which part of Vrede she really came from. Although, compared to Lucht, Aarde's forests felt familiar to her and she wasn't sure why but it gave her an idea. Maybe, just maybe, was she actually an Aardeian? There was no solid evidence besides her own gut feeling but it was enough for her to theorize.

"Actually—"

"Rustig!," The woman nearly Emily screamed and poked her in the waist with her spear before she could continue speaking.