28. Hatred

Taehyung hugged himself, tugging on the sleeves of his dark hoodie, shivering because of the cold interior of Cairo International Airport

Taehyung hugged himself, tugging on the sleeves of his dark hoodie, shivering because of the cold interior of Cairo International Airport. Still, he made himself look like he wasn't feeling as cold as he was, especially because most of the people in their group — minus you and Emily, who had arms flung around each other's shoulders, prancing about, kicking a leg in the air in a rhythm while singing to Dora's theme song, earning looks of disgust and they must have lost their minds from the people passing by — were currently—

"—Everybody, let's go! Come on, let's get to it, I know that we can do it—"

Tuning out the childish chanting, Taehyung resumed his thoughts. Everyone else who wasn't being embarrassing were clinging onto Yoongi, who was frowning at his lack of personal space.

Yoongi snarled, his eyes flashing orange whilst he tried to push away Jimin, who was hugging his arm like a koala. Since he was carrying your bag, added with the weight of six people, he felt like his legs were going to give out at any moment. "I swear to God, if you guys don't get off me—"

"But you're so warm," Jungkook groaned against Yoongi's shoulder, his breath hitting the irritated fire gem bearer's neck. "Like... like a walking furnace. Yeah, that's it, you're a walking furnace, Yoongi."

"It's like I'm in between two soft warmers," Jia hummed, squeezed in between Yoongi's torso and Hoseok's arms.

"Come on Yoongi, bear with it until we make it to the exit," Jin wasn't hugging Yoongi but he was standing close, still benefiting from the heat radiating from the younger boy. "It's close— ouch!"

Jin flinched backwards, revealing Yoongi smirking, a small flame lit at the tip of his finger. They then started to bicker — Jin complaining about being burned even when he wasn't being clingy, Jimin wrapping his legs around Yoongi's waist, Namjoon's grip tightening a bit too much and Yoongi threatening to breathe flames — making Taehyung turn around and roll his eyes at the sight.

Taehyung observed the people around them, spotting a family, the tall father dragging around a tiny child, her ponytails bouncing on her head. This made him think of his father back at Vrede and for the first time in his stay in Earth, he wondered how the old man was doing, if he was okay, if he was eating enough, if he was happy. After all, even though the man was the epitome of evil himself, he was still Taehyung's father.

"Your father worries about you, Taehyung. You may not see it but he does," Appearing next to darkness gem bearer, K whispered, her voice soft like feathers. She crossed her arms, exposing her purple skin, and watched silently as a guard came to scold you and Emily for the noise.

Taehyung stared, his eye twitching at the sight of you flinching at the guard's incoherent lecture. The others, who were flocking around Yoongi, didn't notice this. Before Emily could spit back, Taehyung raised a hand, purple mist wrapping around the guard. The poor guard was levitated in the air, thrown across the room, crashing on a pile of unclaimed luggage bags.