79. Past

Surprisingly for Taehyung, he wasn't the first person to wake up among the group

Surprisingly for Taehyung, he wasn't the first person to wake up among the group. Instead, he was the second. The moment he opened his eyes, he immediately spotted Jungkook, who was sitting on one of the logs and was staring ahead blankly. From his view behind the angel, he could see all six of his wings folding into one another slowly.

Taehyung held his cheek when he remembered how Jungkook had punched him square in the face just moments after they reunited. Well, with the current circumstances, the darkness gem bearer didn't think it was right to call it a reunion.

Groaning, Taehyung stood up from his position on the ground. He glanced around and saw the rest of the team still fast asleep and curled into different positions. The Crowned Prince's eyes then landed on your sleeping figure.

Your knees were bent and arms curled to give you a position of a sleeping baby, some strands of your silver hair stuck to your cheeks. Yeontan was lying down next to you, one of its three heads' mouth open with a tongue hanging out.

Taehyung smiled at your sleeping figure, finding the way your cheeks flushed and long eyelashes tip the skin of your face a bit... cute at most. Then, when he noticed your lips tremble as you shivered in the cold, his smile instantly dropped.

Taking off his jacket, Taehyung carefully draped it over your body. You shifted a bit in your position and tucked the clothing closer to you. For a moment, the darkness gem bearer remained in his squatted position and just stared at your face. After a few seconds, the prince gently brushed away some of your hair from your face with his fingertips.

Taehyung's eyes widened when he realized what he was doing. He immediately retracted his hand and clasped it against his mouth as the heat rushed to his face. The darkness gem bearer sighed loudly as he sat there and stared at you.

Remembering the purple mist that swirled around your wrist, Taehyung fell into deep thought. He didn't have that much knowledge when it came to the guardians but knew that they were sort of clan who trained in secret locations — well, they were secret until his Father found out and had them all killed.

All except Sky, who somehow made it to Earth safely. Now that Taehyung thought about it — how did you make it to Earth? He racked his brain and thought hard. You obviously were of Helian descent because of the purple mist but for some reason you didn't know.

Taehyung continued to think. Before he could try and connect the dots, however, he heard the shuffling of feet behind him. Turning around and spotting Jungkook silently strolling across the team's campsite, the prince remembered what exactly he was going to do.

"Jungkook," Taehyung groaned as he grabbed his knees and stood up. Leaving his snake head staff on the ground, he sprinted towards the angel. "Hey, Jungkook."

Jungkook halted, his back still facing Taehyung. All six of the angel's wings flapped once has he exhaled loudly through his nose.

Taehyung ran up behind Jungkook and stared at his back for a moment. Although the angel was just standing there, it felt like he was watching him walk away. Despite him literally being inches away, it felt like he was too far away for him to reach.