Chapter Two

::Jacob's P.O.V::

I bit my lip lightly as I looked around the lunchroom for a seat. I walked over to a table "can I sit here?" I asked, the five people eyed me warily. I pressed my lips together waiting for an answer, one girl finally spoke up "we.... Um, we don't want someone who talks to themselves sitting here.... Sorry". My fingers began to feel fuzzy. 

We're sick and tired of people thinking that you talk to yourself

I nodded a little "okay", I turned around and quickly left. I didn't want the voices to do something way out of proportion. I found an empty table and sat there, I stared down at my lunch tray; examining the food. "Aye, Jacob!" I looked up and saw the boy from the bus. Raquan, was it?

No, Jacob, it's Rayan

"Oh" I said lightly. 

Yeah....

"Who'ya talkin to?" He asked as he sat down across from me, "no one" I answered quickly. He didn't know?

Obviously not

"Why were you sitting by yourself?" He asked before he opened his can of soda. "Um" I shrugged, "I don't know". "You've got friends right?" He asked as he looked at me, "um, sure" he furrowed his eye brows in confusion.

I rubbed my hands against my legs under the table, I looked around and noticed a couple of people were looking at the both of us. They kept glancing back at us as they talked. 

I ran my hair through my afro nervously, "what's up wit'chu?" Ray asked as he looked around. "Nothing" I answered, "hey um, what're you doing this weekend?" I blurted out so I could get his attention back on me.

I didn't want him to see the other tables of kids looking at us. He looked back at me and shrugged "I don't know". I nodded a little "oh, okay", "you're acting strange" he said simply. If only he knew why. 

Then tell him

>>*<<

I sat at a table in the library, I had a thick novel opened in front of me. I come to the library to get away from people, it's a normal routine for me. I sat hunched over, my arms resting on the table and my head resting on my arms. I peered down at the book and began to read silently to myself. 

As I went to turn the page I heard a voice ask: "isn't it uncomfortable to sit like that?" I looked up and saw standing at the end of the table. She had dark brown hair that stopped a little pass her shoulders, she looked about my height and her skin complexion was that of milk chocolate. I shook my head and said "no". 

Ask her to sit

I ignored the voices and went back to reading my book. I turned the page and began to read. "What book are you reading?" I looked up again and realized the girl was still standing there. I lifted up the book and showed her the cover, she nodded a little "I like that one". "You've read it?" I asked, she giggled and nodded "yeah". 

"Cool" I said simply, I looked back at the book and found where I had stopped reading. 

You're being rude! 

I blinked

Jacob

My fingers grew fuzzy and I closed my eyes. I found myself closing my book and looking up at the girl who was still standing there. "What's your name?" I asked, it wasn't me though. It was the voices. "I'm Bria" she answered with a smile, "nice to meet you, I'm Jacob" I replied back.

Now you finish the conversation

>>*<<

"I don't need you guys trying to make friends for me" I spoke lowly as I walked down the sidewalk. I chose not to ride the bus home today.