Chapter Eighteen

::Jacob's P.O.V::

Take the blade and slice your skin again

"Mom, I'm leaving early okay? I'm walking to school with Bria" I said lightly so she couldn't hear my voice shake. "Okay, miel, te amo" "te amo mom" I said before leaving the house. Every step I took an insult was thrown at me. 

You're worthless!

Nothing but a piece of crap!

You should go die in a damn corner!

I bit my lip lightly as I knocked on the door of the house. It swung open and Bria appeared with a bright smile. "Hi" she said cheerfully, I faked a small smile and said "hey". She stepped out of the house and closed the door behind her, I walked beside her and she kissed my cheek. "What was that for?" I asked lightly, she shrugged "I don't know, I just wanted to kiss you". I smiled a little.

She just feels sorry for you

My smile faltered. My chest began to hurt a little and I felt like I couldn't breathe well enough. Bria gently took a hold of my hand, "hey, what's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing" I said just above a whisper, "you sure?" I looked at her and nodded a little.

"I'm sure" I said, quickly sending her a fake reassuring smile. "Hey, um, what do you plan on doing in free period?" I asked, quickly changing the subject. She shrugged "I don't know, meet me under the oak tree, by the cafeteria" I nodded a little and said "okay".

 >>*<<

"Jacob, I really need to talk to you" Rayan said to me, I looked him and quietly said "leave me alone". "Jacob" he said, "you ain't wanna talk when I was trying to come to you, so I'm not going to talk when you're trying to come to me" I explained quickly. I walked past him and down the hall, I felt bad for what I said, but it was true. I think he needs to wait just a little bit longer before I finally forgive him.

I quickly stopped at my locker and chose my Spanish 2 book. After grabbing the book I proceeded to walk to my class. When I got there I sat at my desk and began to copy down the vocabulary that was written on the board.

"Hola" I looked up and saw this girl who I had never seen before. She had long light brown hair, her eyes were a hazel color, and she had nice features... I guess. Clearly she was Hispanic, I just didn't know who she was and why she was talking to me.

"Hola?" I replied, "mi llama Merillisa" "um.... Mi llama Jacob". She smiled a little, "I'm sorry, but... Uh, who are you?" I asked, "Merillisa" she answered. "No, no, I know that, I mean why're you talking to me?" She gave a confused look. I was confused as to why she didn't answer me, but then I realized something.

"Hables Ingles?" I finally asked, she shook her head a little. I furrowed my eyebrows, is she in the wrong class? Why would she be in a Spanish class when she's clearly fluent in the Spanish language? Wouldn't she be like..... In an English class or something?

I watched as she sat down next to me, "I think you're in the wrong class" I stated. "Que?" I sighed and stood up, "come on" she stayed sitting. "Encenderse" I repeated in the language that she clearly understood, this time she stood up and followed me out of the classroom. 

I walked down the hall with her following close behind, I walked down a couple of more halls before stopping at one of the English classes. I quickly looked down the roster on the door and saw her name, "you should be here" I said.

She did nothing but blink "usted debe estar uqui" I quickly repeated. I watched as she nodded and slowly walked into the class. I stood there for a couple of more seconds before heading back to my class. That was weird, I thought to myself.