Chapter Three

::Rayan's P.O.V::

I woke up to the sound of two people yelling at each other; my mother and father to be exact. I groaned as I forced myself out of the bed. I walked to my door and opened it "oh please, shut up!" I yelled, "no one wants to wake up to the sound of you two yelling at each other!" They continued on with their yelling.

I rolled my eyes "shut the fuck up!" I shouted, "watch your damn mouth boy!" My father shouted back, "I'll watch mine when you watch yours" I said before slamming my door shut. "Bastard" I grumbled, as you can see I don't like my father one bit.

There's many reasons as to why, one of those being that he always has something to say about my future. He has this whole big elaborate plan of how my future is going to play out. He sees what I don't want to see.

I stuck my head out of my room when I noticed how quiet it had become. "They took it to their room" I looked over and saw Bria was fixing her hair. She was standing in the bathroom at the end of the hall, she was already dressed and everything.

"What were they arguing about now?" I asked, she shrugged "I don't know, bills I guess". "Oh" "yeah, you need to get moving, we're going to miss the bus, and I refuse to walk to school today" she explained. "But you walked yesterday morning" I said to her, "that was yesterday, this is today".

"Is it because you know Jacob rides the same bus as us?" I asked, she shook her head "no, just don't feel like walking today". "Hmmm, yeah, sure".

>>*<<

Once we got on the bus I watched as Jacob made a place for Bria to sit next to him. She smiled and sat down, I sat in the seat that was across from them. I would've said something to Jacob but I noticed Bria had sucked him into one of her long drawn out conversations. She tends to do that a lot.

>>*<<

After I got off the bus and got into the school, I made my way to my first class. I was about to turn the corner but Jacob stopped me. "I um, I would've said something to you on the bus... But I ju-" I stopped him "it's cool, Bria sucked you into a conversation, I get it".

He rubbed the back of his neck "yeah, okay" I began to walk again and Jacob followed behind. "Are you walking home again today?" He asked curiously, I shook my head "nah, I've got football practice" "oh, I didn't know you liked football" I shook my head again and said "I don't".

I glanced at Jacob and saw he looked confused, "my dad thinks I do, he made me tryout this year, said it'd be good for my career" I said bluntly. "Did you tell him you don't like football?" He asked, I nodded "yup, many, many times" I answered.

"I'm guessing he doesn't hear you?" "Yeah, he purposefully chooses not to listen". I sighed lightly, "hey look, I gotta go, but um.... If you're planning on walking home, ask Bri if she'll walk with you". 

>>*<<

::Jacob's P.O.V::

I found Bria during my free period, she was out on the field that was by the cafeteria. She was sitting at a picnic table and was on her phone. I took a deep breath and stuffed my hands in my pockets, I shook my head a little and took them out of my pockets. I bit my lip and put them back in.

Stop doing that, you probably look like a fucking idiot

"Just a bit nervous, sorry"

What are you nervous for? She's a girl, she's not a dog, she won't bite you.... Well, maybe.... No, she won't

I ran my hand through my hair before walking to where Bria was sitting. "Um, hi" I said lightly once I got there, she looked up from her phone "hey". "Uh, I asked Rayan if he was walking home today but he told me he had football practice...." I said to her, she nodded a little "he does".