Chapter Thirty Four

Hiii you guys! IT'S THE LAST CHAPTER! I seriously can't believe it-we've come so far since 2014 and I can honestly say, flaws and all, I'm proud of this story. I didn't ever expect it to blow up and become wattpad famous, but still 17,000+ reads? What?! Crazy...look at us and what we did-I told you guys; this is your book too. I gave it life, but you gave it love.  Don't be upset about it ending-there's a time for everything to begin and then end-it was time to move onto other things and see what I can do! It's been real-thank you so much for believing in me :)

DISCLAIMER-I own nothing but the plot and am not affiliated with Faking It in any way. This is purely a work of fiction and I'm not making any profit.

---

"My mommy's are getting married, my mommy's are getting married!" a now 5-almost-6 year old Grayson sang happily, jumping around the house. Karma laughed sweetly with tear filled eyes as she fell into Amy's arms, hugging her tight. The taller woman kissed her hair, repeatedly mumbling "I love you"-this was a moment they'd never forget. They couldn't believe it: Engaged.

(A week earlier)

"Hey Grayson, buddy, what do you want for your birthday?" Amy had asked after picking up her son from school. He was in the backseat, only half listening as he'd had his nose in a book-the kid loved reading.

He set down his book and took a few moments to think-it was his 6th birthday-he'd never turn 6 again, so he had to choose wisely. "Umm...some power rangers, a book about dinosaurs, a new bike....ooh! I know what I want the mostest!"

Amy laughed at his wording, shaking her head fondly. "And what's that?"

"...For you and mommy to get married."

And so it was done. That night, after everyone had gone off to bed, Amy stayed up-going on eBay to sell all of her basketball memorabilia that she'd collected over the years-it was her prized possession; she'd kept it in nearly perfect condition and now it was worth quite a good deal of money. They definitely wouldn't be millionaires or anything now, but it was just enough to get Karma the perfect ring and have some money left over for their honeymoon.

---

Then a few days later, on Grayson's sixth birthday, Amy popped the question.

"..A new bike from Uncle Shane! Cool!" The boy grinned, clapping his hands excitedly. "..Mommy, mama, can I go outside and ride it for a while?"

Karma shrugged, smiling. "Sure, baby. But make sure you put on your helmet and pads before you do."

He nodded, running off but Amy stopped him. "Just a second!"

The boy stopped abruptly, turning to see what was going on. He just wanted to go ride his bike.

"..I have one more present for you, kiddo. I think you'll like it."

Both Karma and Grayson raised their eyebrows in confusion-the boy had gotten everything he'd wanted-he was actually a bit spoiled to be quite honest (but not a brat), so what could be left to give him?

"Uh, Karma, babe-do you mind giving me a hand? It's kinda...heavy," she lied. And God, if she said she wasn't a total bundle of nerves, that'd be another lie. But she knew it was now or never-she was about to propose to the girl.

The brunette nodded, standing up and following behind, extremely curious.

"It's just in the closet over there," Amy continued, trying to hide her nervous and excited energy. She felt like she was going to burst.