8:32 PM

Meet me at the park in five minutes, Ana stared down at her phone for a second and didn't even bother trying to text something back. Meet me at the park in five minutes. He was already out his door by now. Ana now began to panic, leaping off her bed and cringed when she stared at her reflection in the mirror, thinking she looked absolutely horrid. Meet me at the park in five minutes.

Ruin me. Break my heart a trillion times.

Her eyes were green like her mother's but much, much, lighter. When the sun hit them, her eyes shined like emeralds. As long as I know you're the one fixing me again, it won't matter how many times I tumble and fall.

Many people told her that she was a beautiful girl and she always believed them. For old people, Chance and Farah were still flawless. They gave their daughter a gorgeous face but since she had picked colorful braces to put on her teeth and huge cheetah print glasses, she always looked ridiculous to people at her school. It's funny how Ana made sure she looked a mess. Her mother would buy her the cutest dresses and skirts but Ana crossed her arms and made sure she always left the house in a tutu and colored stockings.

But when high school started, Ana gave everything up. It was a good change. This was when her body was finally starting to get somewhere and her face was starting to change. She always thought she would look like her dad but now, she looked just like her mother.

She picked at the ends of her hair, trying to calm her nerves before she left. Her hair used to reach her waist before she cut it and now, it barely reached her shoulders.

Jace said it was perfect. And she believed him.

Jace called her beautiful. And she believed him.

She thought she was no match for his charms. And he didn't agree.

When she realized that her anxiety wasn't going to disappear anytime soon, she stepped into a pair of boots and pulled the thickest sweater she had over her head. The world was starting to push away February but there was still snow everywhere

Running out her room and bouncing down the steps of her house, she was three seconds away from touching the doorknob on the front door but then she felt her parents eyes on her. "Where ya going, darling?" her mother asked, raising her brow.

Ana slowly turned, showing them her best smile. Her mother returned it. She knew where her daughter was going and Ana never saw her look happier. Taking a deep breath, Ana looked at her parents in the eye, her chin held up high. "I'm going outside. Yes, I know it's late but this is important. Well...I think it's important. But, even if you tell me I can't leave, I will still walk out this door!"

Farah and Chance exchanged a look. A parent look.  Then they both grinned. Farah looked back at her daughter. "You can't go out."

"I warned you!" Ana remarked, walking over to the door and unlocking it slowly. She stared at them with wide eyes. Ana always followed the rules. She knew her mother was just kidding around with her but still...it meant something huge to her.

She pulled the door open and the winter cold slapped her face. Shivering, she thought about going back to her room to get a coat but decided that she just wouldn't stay out that long. Just a her cream colored sweater, black jeans, and dark boots that touched her knees. She was going to die outside from the weather but her parents were saying
nothing. She just decided that she better leave before her parents really tell her that she can't go out. "FREEDOM!" she yelled before charging out the door, closing it shut behind her.