6:09 PM

Gabby Layne and Charlie Hollins

The cool wind kissed her face and lifted her damp hair as she watched the sun set. She dug her toes into the warm sand, her fingers joining with one of Charlie's hands. Last month, when her sister pulled that note prank on her, Gabby nearly fainted.

She didn't remember writing a six year old love letters and cringed at the thought of her possibly doing something like that but made sure that whatever was on that paper would never be read out loud. When she took it from Ana, she didn't even read it before tearing it to shreds.

She should have read it.

Farah claimed that it was just her saying how much of an idiot Charlie was and how much Gabby wanted to punch him in his little baby face.

Farah always found amusement in embarrassing her. She was relieved that she never wrote a damn love note to a little boy.

But now...now she was held his hand. Now, she kissed him as much as she could and wanted more of him the following day. She was actually glad with the fact that Charlie attacked her more than showing his affection.

Because if he was another Chance or Jace, she would glue herself to his back.

Charlie started to laugh out of nowhere. Eyeing him, she turned her head to face him and asked, "What's so funny?"

He met her gaze, his silver eyes filled with delight. "Me and you."

What do you mean by that? she questioned with her eyes. Are we a joke to you?

He smirked. I didn't know you took this so seriously, Gab.

She frowned at him.

He poked her cheek with his index finger. "Of course this isn't a joke to me, Gabby."

She blinked her eyes that reminded people of a green sea and stayed silent, waiting for a better explanation to what he said.

He looked away, staring up at the darkening sky. "...This isn't love, Gabby. We are not love. We are not anything more or nonexistent. But...something is here...I'm not sure if it's a string of hope for us but if there is...it looks like we're both holding onto it."

He looked at her again and she talked to him with her eyes. So...is this the end, Charlie?

He shrugged, tightening his grip on her hand. "Maybe this is only the beginning."

She dropped her head on his shoulder and smiled. "Hopefully."

"Yeah," he pressed his lips against her forehead. "Hopefully."

NOTE : forget about Jace and Chance. I want a Charlie. Epilogue coming soon guys.