4:32 AM

"...It's too hot to be outside."

"...Well...it is summer, mom."

"...And? Why are you sitting outside? I have to sit out here with you now so no one kidnaps you."

"...Why would someone kidnap me?"

"You're my child. Everyone wants to take you from me."

"..."

"..."

"...The note Gabby 'wrote'...it wasn't anything about her liking Charlie. It was about her hating his guts. Why did you mess with her like that?"

"I don't know. It seemed fun. But know we know that she may have actually wrote her feelings down somewhere."

"...She had to be a cougar if she liked six year old Charlie."

"This is the future. Everyone is a cougar."

"...This is the weirdest conversation we ever had."

"True...but at least Gabby and Charlie are together now."

"Are they really? Sometimes they don't look like it."

"It's been like that for years. It's funny to think that Gabby is the older one instead of Charlie."

"Why?"

"Because everyone expects the boy to be older."

"Well...Jace is one year older than me. And dad is two years older than you."

"And Gabby is seven years older."

"The largest gap of ships."

"Lies. I read of few of your books. Boys that are hundreds of years older and still look eighteen? Lies."

"How dare you read my books?!"

"I bought them so their actually mine but still, the age gaps in those stories are ridiculous."

"But...it's fantasy. Not real life."

"Maybe this is a fantasy, Ana. But we just don't have powers or look super flawless. Gabby and Charlie's differences shouldn't matter as long as they love each other."

"..."

"..."

"...So...you're saying that if dad was a old man when you met him...you would still love him?"

"Um..."

"Exactly, you burnt frog. Age matters."

"Sometimes. I grew to understand that as long as there is love in your heart-"

"Cut the wise talking, mother. You know I'm right."

"You can burn out here alone. Just know that Gabby and Charlie are perfectly fine. They could date if they want. Get married if they want."

"...I would love to see that."

"So would I...but here's the million dollar question. What would you do if Jace proposed? Not now...but...eventually."

"..."

"..."

"I would say yes."