Chapter Six

Now that I had my phone back, I called Jess and informed her of my whereabouts- if in case she was wondering where her friend who she stabbed her in the back was. After the breakfast we had, there was nothing much to talk, nor was it there anything for me to stay with him in the hotel room, after all, all I'm asking for is time and some space away from him as if these two weeks weren't enough.

With ease and no more argue, Andrew gives me a drive to Jess' place. She previously told me she would put a spare key under the doormat.

Now here we are, parked outside of her building, sitting in the car in a complete silence. There are so many things to talk about and yet we find many times to keep silence as a barrier.

"Please tell me you will think of it. I know this is not what you're looking for and I know I can't give you the relation you're after, but at least give it a try and let's make it my way, if not yours completely," Andrew grips the steering wheel tightly as he breaks the silence.

"I will. I will think of it," it's a promise written on my heart, Andrew. I can completely understand his concern about this subject, after all, he doesn't know about my feelings. Why am I hiding them?

I may still don't know what love is but I know enough that this man who wants me in an unusual way, something that even by his standards are not accurate, is not ready to make such a commitment. He's not ready to hear my voice, because I'm too scared to even utter them, making this whole fear bigger than what it is.

"I see you, later," I smile at him, but inside I know it wasn't a sentence of assurance it was a question, unanswered, apparently.

Getting out of his car, I make my way inside without looking behind me. But I know he's there. I know he will always be there, waiting, just like me.

While waiting for the day to end so I can see Jess and have a good talk with her, blaming her for my problems, I lose all my senses when she steps in with a sad smile on her face. That was then I realize she also has her speech, knowing well what it is; I settle down and decide to ignore it.

However, it's not the only reason. By then, I realize it's not always someone's fault. It's not always blaming. It's just the way it is, and I, instead of facing them, ignore them and seek a way out by taking people into this.

She just did what she thought would be best- by making me face him.

"How did it go?" she asks. Putting away her purse, she settles next to me. By now, I find nothing to say. All the talks about last night have left my mind and here I am fumbling through what to say.

"I'm thankful to you for taking me into your home and taking care of me when nothing could heal me, but I don't appreciate you calling him." I finally utter when after ten minutes she is starting to give up. "I know I didn't have the guts to talk to him, but this way, things got even more complicated,"

"How come? Did you have a change of heart?" she lightly puts her hand on my back, massaging in a pattern.

You wouldn't understand if I tell you because I don't understand either, I want to tell her, but I know better to close my mouth. The more I talk, the more I talk.

"I'm going to stay in a hotel from now on," I exclaim before standing up.

"I'm so sorry, Laura, it was never my intention to break out friendship like this, I thought I was helping you by showing you the way to facing your problems. You were a mess and I know the only thing that would make you better was him." she stands up and walks closer to me. Uneasiness is written on her face.

"I understand. You didn't break our relationship. It's fine. I'm not leaving because you snitched on me, and I'm certainly not running away, I have no reason not to use my credit card anymore, so I'm just going to stay the rest of my stay here in a hotel room."