Arranged Marriage - Part 2

Karlie's POV

"Karlie, are you done already?" My dad groaned after he knocked my bedroom for the hundredth time, making me groan back.

"Can you please wait?! I still have to put my lipstick on!" I shouted through the door, I mumbled an okay before putting my lipstick on.

Today was currently the day where I'll meet my future husband and his family. I don't know his name, his parents or how old he is. I'm just praying that he isn't ugly but cute.

"Oh God Karlie, please hurry up! We're going to be late!" My dad bursted into my bedroom without any permission.

I rolled my eyes, then looked back at the mirror. I smiled at myself, I did a pretty great job of horrifying myself, I didn't want to get married.

"Wha- What?" My dad looks at me, turning my chair as I was now facing him. "I want you to wash your face! Then put on natural makeup or put on nothing."

"I bet that she looks absolutely beautiful as she is now," My mom chimes in, walking into my room. She then gasps looking at my horrific face that I've done. "No, no, no young lady! Wash that face now!"

Obeying their request, I sit up from my seat, and went to the bathroom to wash my face. After doing that, I went back to where I was. I looked myself in the mirror once again, seeing that I look absolutely fine without anything on.

"You look fine," Both of them said while looking at me through the mirror. I just rolled my eyes before putting my phone, wallet and some essentials into my handbag.

-

"We're almost there," My dad acknowledges, "Now Karlie, behave yourself. Don't embarrass us by doing that childish stuffs you do."

"I know, I'm old enough to behave myself." I sighed, looking out the window. Seeing that we passed few trees, cars, and houses. Maybe it won't be bad if I married someone that I don't love? Is that a question? I don't know.

Few minutes passed, which seemed like hours. My dad parked his car on the boy's house driveway, I looked at the car garage, seeing some familiar cars. I couldn't seem to put a ring to it, not ringing any bells on who owns the car.

"Let's go," My dad turned the ignition key and opened the door for him to get out. My mom did the same thing and so did I.

We stepped onto the door mat of the boy's house, feeling a bit anxious. What I know was that arranged marriages never ever seem to end, or maybe it will when both of our parents calls it off. My mom pressed the door bell that was right beside the door.

The door soon got opened by two person, which I guess that was the boy's parents. "Karlie, right? My future daughter-in-law!" Yep, I guessed it. That was the boy's mother.

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I'm Karlie. You must be-"

"-Your future mother-in-law!" She didn't let me finish my sentence as she said that she was my future mother-in-law. "Come in," She opened the door wider so that we could come in.

Once I stepped into the house, it was very neat. Like neat, neat. "Please sit down for a while," The boy's father said as he smiled, "I'm going to call them from upstairs."

"Okay, take your time. Besides, we have all day to discuss about the wedding." My mother sheepishly smiled as she took a sit. I gulped, still not wanting this to happen. I then realised what the boy's father said, them?

"Are you okay sweetheart? Want something to eat or drink?" The boy's mother asked as she took a sit beside me, a little frown plastered on her face once she looked at me a little sad.