Restart

Y/N's POV

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Her," He answered bluntly, not looking at me.

This has always been the problem. Her. Marc and I are married, but not due to us love each other completely, it was an arranged marriage. After the wedding, I told Marc that he could go out with other girls because at that point, I didn't love or care about him. He then told me to do the same with other guys.

Little by little, I started to fall in love with him. He was polite, well-behaved and lovable every single time, and that made my heart opened for him. But, he took my words after the wedding seriously and it made me regret it so much.

"Do you love her?" I asked again.

"I think so. I don't know. Why?" He asked as he turned to look at me and lick his lower lip, moisturizing it.

"It's just- Never mind." I sighed, starting to walk away, walking towards my room.

"Wait, (Y/N), what did you wanted to say?" He asked as he pulled my arm, making me turn to look at him.

My eyes were now glossy, I felt like crying. "It's just, I'm jealous that you like her." I truthfully said before a tear rolled down my cheek.

He then stopped, looking at me with his mouth opened, probably shocked of what I just said. A few seconds later, he spoke up. "Y-You're jealous? I-I thought that you said I could be with-"

"I know what I said before." I snapped, "It's just, I realised that I love you now. I'm in love with you deeply. And seeing you with another girl.. it just shreds my heart."

"I didn't know that.." He looked away, letting go of my arm, "What I knew was that.. you didn't love or care about me at first. I could see it in your eyes."

"I know, because I knew that you didn't love and care about me too. So, that's clearly the reason why I just said that." I sighed, rubbing my eyes with the palm of my hand.

"What? (Y/N), you think that I didn't love you? And not cared about you?" He looked at me with complete shock.

I nodded, "Of course, because you said that I could hang with other guys too."

"Baby," He called me using the name that he never ever called me with before, making me look at him wide-eyed. "To be honest, I love and care about you since the beginning. Ever since I said I do. I felt like a complete idiot when you said that I could go out with other girls, I really do."

I remained silent, feeling some how... embarrassed. Not to only think that he doesn't love me in the beginning, but also made him think like he's a complete idiot.

I then spoken back up, "Can we..."

"Can we what?" He asked, shaking his head as he looked at me in the eyes, completely focus.

"Can we restart all this? Like, learn how to love and care about each other just like a real husband and wife. I'm sorry, it's just that I finally realised that I was stupid, not thinking all of this through." I sighed and began to cry.

He then smiled, as he hugged me tightly. I then smiled a bit, knowing the answer was yes. He then kissed my temple, making me feel loved under his arms.

"I've always wanted you to say that."

•••
vote and comment :)