Chapter 14

Wanna know something I'm really good at? Forgetting to update 😁

/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\

"Gabe, come on!" Sam laughs from outside his bathroom door. "Do I have to?"

"Yes! You promised that you'd come with me!"

"This is stupid."

"Just come out," Sam places his hands on his hips, still laughing at the embarrassed twenty year old.

With a pouty look, he pulls open the door, arms crossed and staring down at the floor. "You look cute."

"I look ridiculous," he glares, gesturing to his cowboy hat, tucked in flannel, faded blue jeans, and cowboy boots. Sam chuckles and pulls him in by the collar, fixing it then softly planting a kiss on his lips, "Cute."

"Whatever," Gabriel mumbles, "You look better than me."

"Would you come on, we're gonna be late to this thing."

"Who's idea was this anyway? Plan an event where you dress up like this."

The Winchester takes Gabes hand and starts pulling him toward the door, "I don't know. I think it's a good idea though."

"Yeah but you dress like this everyday."

"I do not!"

"Please, Samsqatch, this is one of the few times you haven't worn a flannel. Which happens to be the time I am."

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?!" He scans over his white undershirt with a black button up over, a jacket covering that, dark blue jeans, cowboy hat and boots. "Nothing! They look good on you, that's the problem."

"Would you come on."

~

"I hate you."

"No you don't."

"Shut up," Gabe clutches Sam's arm tighter, dragging him to sit at an open table. "Are you at least going to dance with me?"

"Maybe."

"What if I tell you that they have cake here?"

He debates in his head, then nods, "Probably."

"Get some cake, then you're dancing." Gabe does a mocking face but obliges, heading for the table of desserts.

"Gabriel? Is that you?"

Confused by the unfamiliar voice, he stops and turns to see a chick that has had a thing for him since his first year at Stanford. "You look good," she smirks, eyes running over his body a couple of times. "Thanks.."

He grabs the chocolate cake quickly, retreating back to Sam. The Winchester impatiently waits for him to finish eating before dragging him to out for the next song.

The lack of knowledge that Gabriel has for this type of, 'funky country dance' as he calls it, makes the outing less enjoyable.

"Can I take a break?"

"Yeah. I'll meet you at our table, okay?" Sam leans down at pecks the annoyed male.

After the song ends that doesn't involve dancing with a partner, Sam sits down but Gabriel isn't there. He scans the semi-crowded room until spotting him at the table with the desserts. Someone steps out of his way, filling his vision with a girl talking to him. When Gabe laughs his body flares with jealousy. He flips his chair around and stares at them, wanting Gabriel to notice but also not to.

Finally, when she giggles and leans in, lightly shoving his shoulder back, Sam's had enough. He walks up behind them silently, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend in a territorial way. "Babe," he mumbles, resting his chin on Gabes shoulder. "Hey Sam."

He roles his eyes, Sam. He never calls him Sam.

Sam, he mimics Gabriels voice inside his head again. "Charlie's looking for you," he finally says since the the first thing wasn't hint enough to leave. "C'ya Molony."

Irritated, the teen heads for the table, Gabe following.

"So where's Charlie?"

"I don't know."

"But you said she was looking for me.."

He plops down, swishing around his punch in the cup, "Yeah because she was flirting," he grumbles and takes a sip. "She's harmless. Trust me, if I wanted her that would have happened a long time ago." Sam glares up at him. "What?! I'm just saying."

"Well don't."

"Whatever," the Novak throws his hand in the air and goes to pull out his chair, now putting him in a bad mood. "Wait," Sam sighs, catching his arm, "I'm sorry..I just don't like when pretty girls flirt with you. They're better at it than I am."

"Sam, you have nothing to worry about." His head bows, Sam. Somehow Gabriel knows exactly what he's thinking. "Sammich," he tips Sam's head up with one finger, "It's only you." He nods and pulls him into his lap, tucking his face into Gabes neck, "Can we go home?"

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I wanna go. I wanna be with you, alone."

"Well I'm not gonna argue."

When they reach his car, Sam grabs his hand and pulls him close, whispering in his ear, "You look hot as hell like in a cowboy hat." The sentence seems to heighten Gabriels senses and he can hear and feel every bit of Sam's ghosting breath. Tingling. Almost burning.