Chapter 23

Update. Cause why not 🙃

.
.
.

"You didn't have to walk me home Samst-" he cuts himself off, almost letting a nickname slip. "I know, its just..It was nice seeing you," Sam smiles sadly. "Yeah," Gabriel agrees. They stand in silence for a moment, knowing they're going to have to say their goodbyes eventually. Biting his lip, the Winchester pulls one hand from his pocket to wave a little.

"Sam?"

He stops walking but doesn't turn around, afraid of showing his broken expression to the other man, "Yeah?"

"You should come. Its in two days..I can text you the address and time."

"I'll be there."

"Thanks for helping me get ready Kevin. I just don't wanna screw this up."

"You look great," he assures, patting Sams shoulder. He nods his head, trying to build confidence but it doesn't work. "Better get going."

"Yeah. Thanks again Kevin."

~

Gabe is calling...

{Answer or Decline}

"Gabe?" He answers, confused. "Sam? You're coming right? Please tell me you're coming," Gabriel voice is fast and panicked. "Yeah. Yeah, of course I am. What's going on?" Sam pulls into the parking lot of the art building. "I can't do it."

"What are you talking about? Of course you can. Where are you?"

"Um, I don't know. Some backroom. It's right next to the bathrooms."

"I'll be there soon, just hold on," he hangs up, already walking around the building. There's a line to get inside so he sneaks around to the back and into a side door. Quickly finding the bathrooms, he knocks on the door next to them. No one answers but there's slight shuffling so he automatically assumes it's the room that Gabriel is hiding out in, at least he hopes.

"Gabe?" He says quietly, peaking his head in. "Samsquatch," the Novak breathes in relief, throwing himself into the taller man. Sam stumbles back but wraps his arms around Gabe. "I can't do this. I don't no what I was thinking. No ones going to like it. Why did I even show up and why didn't you talk me out of this?! I have to-"

"Hey," Sam chuckles lightly, "It's all going to be okay. You're a damn good artist, okay? Everyone's going to love it, they're going to love you."

"You think so?" His tone still wavy, his body shaking against Sams solid one. "I know so."

"How?" The older man whimpers. "Because how could someone dislike you or your art. Especially you."

"Come here," Sam sighs after getting no response. He slides down the wall, soon followed by the other guy. They sit quietly, Gabriels head resting on the younger students shoulder.

This time Gabe sighs, he would kill to have this moment never end, but it wont last..it can't, not when he has to face reality. "I miss you.." Sam knows he shouldn't have said it, but he'd regret if he didn't. "Sam.."

"I know," he nods before Gabe can tell him off. "But I do miss you..us too." The teen keeps his eyes closed, knowing if he opens them the tears will fall.

"I'm sorry for calling you."

He just shakes his head, scared his voice with crack if he says anything. Gabriel immediately knows something is wrong, his body tensing, assuming he did it. His head turns to face Sam but the other boy doesn't move.

He can't stop himself from staring at those soft lips. "I'm sorry," he says again, pushing himself up to get away from the situation. Sam reacts fast to the loss of touch, catching his hand before Gabe can retreat. He stands to his feet and the exact reason he kept his eyes closed is the same reason he wishes that he never opened them.

"Sam," Gabriel licks his lips, stepping forward to wipe the tear from his exes cheek, "Please don't cry." He exhales from his mouth, his nose becoming stuffy. He leans into the older mans touch, nodding his head.

Gabes body aches to be closer to Sam's, his mind clouding over from the skin to skin contact and the teens pained expression.

Subconsciously, he inches closer. Sam still unaware with his eyes closed, but his breathing evens out and he finds the strength to open them again. "Don't move," Gabe whispers, fingers caressing the teens jaw.

As told, he stay put, eyes watching every movement very carefully.

He stands to his tippy toes, their bodies gently pushed together and their faces inches apart. Just then does Gabriel pull Sam down the rest of the way, their eyes closing as their lips meet. They seal together for a moment and when they break, they both release a held in breath before letting their mouths slide across each other's and push back together. Sam unfreezes from his command, placing his hands on the small of Gabes back to pull him further up.

The sweet taste of chocolate spreads to the Winchesters taste buds from the twenty-one year olds previous snack.

Their noses rub as they tilt in the opposite direction, seeking the full tour of the others lips.

And for a moment everything feels normal again, both forgetting the events that tore them apart a month ago. Only remembering how their bodies fit like puzzle pieces when they hold each other and how soft the others lips are when they're pressed together. How perfect they are for each other. How they need each other.

But every moment comes to an end.

"Mr. Novak, the event is starting now."