Chapter 30

"Ready to be pushed against a wall and have a hot make out sess–" Sam chokes on his own tongue, face flushing immediately as his eyes land on a man sitting nicely on the couch with his hands folded in his lap.

"Hey babe.." Gabriel pops his head out from the kitchen, apologetically smiling. Sam rubs the back of his neck, awkwardly attempting a smile back.

"This is my little brother Cassie," Gabe introduces, "Cas, this is my boyfriend, Sam."

"H-hi. It's nice to meet you, Cas."

"You too, Sam," Cas politely greets back.

Gabe leans into Sam and then tugs him along and into the kitchen to help with dinner. "You couldn't have warned me?!" Sam yells in a hushed voice, lightly smacks his boyfriends arm. "I'm sorry Samsquatch," Gabriel laughs, "I didn't know he was coming!"

"Do you realize what I just said?!"

Gabe only laughs harder, kissing Sams cheek.

Castiel sits in the living room, hearing his brothers laughter, causing his lips to curve up. Cas hasn't heard Gabriel laugh like that in a long time.

~

"Wow, Gabriel, dinner was actually really good," Cas exclaims. "Don't sound so surprised little bro," he cockily smirks back, only to link hands with Sam and look up fondly at him, "And it's because I made him cook."

"Mm, that makes much more sense," Cas jokes, his brother glaring at him seconds later.

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom."

Sam tenses at the sentence, he doesn't want to sit in awkward silence. He watches him get up and mentally begs for Gabe to sit back down with him. Castiel also watches him leave the room, making eye contact as soon as the bathroom door clicks shut.

"How long exactly have you guy been together?" He questions, but it comes out in a calming, non pressured way. The Winchester eases a bit. "Five months total. We had a break about a month ago but we're good now–great actually," Sam smiles, getting a warming one in return. "I haven't seen Gabriel this happy since..well, ever. I'm sure he's told you about his past and I think you're the commitment he needed. Gabe has blown through tons of guys and women that couldn't care less about him, and he could have cared less about. I believe you found my brother," Cas sincerely speaks what sees in front of him, talking quiet enough so the other male doesn't over hear.

"Miss me?" Gabe plants himself under Sams arm, melting into the solid body next to him. "Always," Sam whispers, kissing the top of Gabriel's head. "Cassie wasn't too bad while I was gone, was he?"

"Just the worse," he jokes.

They make small talk, catching up because it's been almost a year since the Novaks have seen each other. Sam intently listens, jumping in when he's asked a question or has a small comment to make.

Ring. Ring.

Sams heart stops for a second, the phone still makes him jumpy sometimes. "Who is it?" Gabriel questions, leaning back into him because he knows exactly what the teen is thinking.

"It's Dean," he breaths, "Ill be right back."

"Okay," Gabe smiles, hands not breaking apart until they are too far to touch.

"Hey Dean. What's up?" He finally answers once in the bedroom. "Nothin' really. What are you doing Wednesday?"

"Uh, I have class until two. That's it really," Sam shrugs, "Why?"