Chapter 14: Truth

Chapter 14: Truth

[Changkyun's POV]

"Eat this. –Changkyun"

I stuck the note I wrote on the cup lid of ramen I prepared for Hoseok. I sighed deeply, knowing that the house is finally clean and by that, I mean the whole house. I carried the tray inside Hoseok's room, placing it above the side table. He looked exhausted and he had dark circles below his eyes.

What exactly did happen?

-

"Hoseok?! Hoseok?! Wake up!"

I shook him violently to wake him up. He fell unconscious in my arms as he bled there earlier. The bleeding on his thighs had stopped now but he's still unconscious. He really doesn't feel well. Compared to my body temperature, his is way too high. He has a fever.

"Hoseok?"

I shrugged him one more time but he didn't respond. I carried him up to his bed and lied him there carefully. He was a bit heavy but I didn't care anymore. He needs plenty of rest.

He really doesn't have a home.

Looking at the situation of the house from inside, it wasn't healthy. The house isn't well maintained and I can say that it was a thrashed house. What bothered me most is that how can Hoseok live in a place like this. This place looked abandoned for years from what I have seen outside.

I can't let Hoseok live like this.

I prepped myself and went to the bathroom.

I need to fix the person first.

I opened the cabinet inside his shower room and got myself a first-aid kit. I went back to him and started nursing the wounds he created with the scalpel. I totally ripped his pants since it was already irreparable. I can explain it to him later when he wakes up.

What's this?

When I cleaned his thighs with a piece of wet cloth, scars started surfacing on his thighs as I cleaned the blood that dried up. I was surprised with the number of scars he had been hiding under his pants.

He was already cutting himself before?

I teared up at the sight of it, images of him cutting himself came flashing into my mind. I can't bear to watch such a person hurting themselves, especially Hoseok. I don't want him to hurt himself anymore and I'll make sure of it.

I wonder, who is that person before?

After I cleaned up his wound, I started preparing to dress it when he said something under his breath.

"Hmmm..."

He must be dreaming about something.

For me it was a good sign. He finally regained of his consciousness but he still need to rest, plenty of it.

"Stay down. Don't try to move. If you want something, you can tell it to me. For now, rest. We can talk about this later."

I brushed his hair away from his forehead. I left him for a while to get another towel from his drawer and soaked it with cold water in his shower room. I wringed it and went back to him. I wiped his face with it and placed it on his forehead so that the heat from his body would cool off.

"Ch..."

"Do you need something?"

"Cha..."

"You need what?"