Chapter Eighteen

Niall lets go of my hand as soon as we enter the kitchen. My nose fils with the smell of bacon as my hands go cold. Niall runs over to his counter and sits in a chair up against the bar. I walk and giggle a little as I take a seat next to him. He acts a little differently around his mother. His manners are better, and he is more like a child. But he tries too hard to be perfect around his mother. He is perfect all the time to me.

He rests his hand on my knee under the table so his mum doesn't see. She continues to hum as she sets two plates down on the table. One in front of me and the other in front of Niall. Niall squeezes my knee a little and I look up at him. His eyes shine brightly as his smile gets bigger. 

"Eat up kids," Maura says and I brake my gaze away from Nialls long enough to see the food on my plate. I see eggs, bacon, and the chocolate chip pancakes Niall and I ate when we were younger. 

"Thank you so much!" I say to the person who is like a second mother to me. 

"Anything for you, dear," Her smile goes from ear to ear. She moves around to walk behind us and Niall and I completely forget about his hand. I dig in just as her eyes flash to us. We are so close, our arms touching. His hand is loosely sitting on my knee. 

"I'm going to go help Greg out in the car, he called me telling me he was close by," She walks out with a small smirk on her lips and I giggle a little. Does she even notice that Niall and I both walked out of my room? or Nialls actually, but still. She knows that we sued to have sleep overs all the time. It was true we did, but it was always because I could sleep better knowing Niall was by my side. I don't even understand it myself. 

"Babe," Niall says and rubs his hand up my thigh then back down to my knee. I look up at him and smile a little. His eyes hold confusion, but I still see the love. "You did it again."

"What?" I ask. His face close to mine.

"You looked at me with Bambi eyes," He whispers before leaning into me. I can taste the syrup on his lips, oh how sweet it tastes. His mouth moves with mine and I almost forget we are in the kitchen. Our lips disconnect all too soon when Greg clears. His throat.

My eyes snap to the doorway, my heart stops beating at the thought of Maura seeing me kiss her son. But I quickly sigh when I only see Greg. "Stop snogging in the kitchen." 

"We weren-" Niall is cut off by Maura walking through the doorway with a wide smile. 

"I can't wait to see the other boys!" I forgot, the boys are coming down in a few days. Nialls house is turning into a hotel. Maura hasn't seen them in so long, she must be so happy. Her eyes go confused when they see the way Greg is smirking at Niall and I. Niall isn't holding onto my knee anymore, but we are pretty close and look very suspicious. 

"Whatever you kids did, i don't want to know," She says before waving her hands in the air and walking back to the pantry to the side of Niall and I. Greg stays by the door way with the stupidest look on his face.

"Mum," I am scared that he is going to tell her. Nialls eyes beg as Greg seems to change his mind. "Is Denise up yet?"

I am visibly more relaxed after I noticed he wouldn't say that Niall and I were kissing.  

"No, she was up early this morning because Theo was fussy." Maura stalks up the fridge while I stand up. I feel Nialls breath on the back of my neck as he kisses it just before Maura turns around. He takes a step back before she can even start to think something was going on. 

"I'm going to go and get dressed, I haven't been in Ireland in so long. I was going to go out and see some old friends today." I say and walk out of the room. Niall starts to follow but his mum called his name. I smirk while Niall groans. I walk  into Nialls room and shut the door.