Chapter Seventeen

"Niall, come with me to get Theos baby bag out of the car." Greg says and motions to the front door. He looks at me and I smile before taking the beautiful baby out of his hands. 

"I'll be right back." He says before kissing my cheek and walking out. I am not a big PDA person so my cheeks heat up. The boys walk out of Niall's house and close the door. I walk with Denise into the living room with the baby on my hip. I take a seat on the comfy couch while Theo scrambles out of my lap. I slowly set him down. As soon as his little feet hit the carpet, he immediately starts to try to walk. 

"He is so cute." I gush and Denise smiles at me. 

"Thank you, he loves you." She says and smiles at me. She is wearing a cream sweater and blue jeans. Her hair is down and she looks pretty like always. Theo is wearing a white onsie and a blue jean jacket over it with little footie shoes. 

I hear the door open and Nialls laughs echo throughout the room. I am ten times happier every time I hear that laugh. I look back to see his mother walking in. I haven't seen her in years. 

"Maura!" I say as I pull Theo with me to rest on my hip as I stood up.

"Kate. Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you in so long. You have gotten even more beautiful." She compliments and pulls me in for a hug. I blush as Niall rolls his eyes, but still has a small grin on his face. His mother and Father are the only ones who don't know we are together. So everyone but them do, but we don't know how to tell them yet. They will probably make a big deal about it. 

"You too." I say and pull away from the hug. She studies my face with bright eyes and I continue to blush. I honestly haven't seen her in so long. 

"Dad couldn't make it," Niall says and a frown falls on his face. "But he wanted me to tell you he can't wait to see you when we come to Dublin on tour." 

"Of course." I say and give Maura Theo. 

"He has gotten so big." She coos and I laugh before turning to Niall. He starts to pull my into his side before just resting his hand on the small of my back. I know he doesn't want to tell his parents until Bobby is here, but I understand perfectly. 

"Why don't I start to dinner?" I say and Niall quickly nods. I laugh before pulling away from him and grabbing Denise's arm. Her and I have gotten very close since the wedding. She gets up and Kisses Greg quickly before walking in with me. 

"When are you telling Maura?" She asks as soon as the door closes. I search through all of the cupboards looking for a pan. I finally find one and turn to Denise. 

"I don't know, Bobby needs to be here. Niall doesn't want them to know yet for some reason. But I am more than okay with that right now. It's about to get chaotic when tour starts back up, and there is already enough headlines about Niall and girls..." I don't even know where I am going with this. "I just don't.."

"Want to seem like a slut?" She asks bluntly, taking the words out of my mouth. She right, I don't. That's one of my biggest fears right now. 

"Exactly," I say and pull out a cook book. I am going to find the recipe for Nialls favorite casserole and then make it.

"You aren't, honey. I have known you for a while now. I know how you really are, so does Niall and Maura and Bobby. They all love you the way you are." I smile at her nice words. It's almost like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder just talking this all out. I never really get to talk to my girl-friends because I am away with the boys on tour. 

"I just really love Niall-" I stop when the door swings open and Niall walks swiftly over to me.

"I heard my name," He says and pecks my lips. I giggle while he pulls me into his side. "I told my mom I was going to help you find everything."