Chapter Forty-Four

I feel the bed shift beside me and open my eyes, the clock on the wall shows that it is 3:45 a.m., February 14, 2014, I guess it is finally Valentines Day. I sit up and rub my tired eye to see the bathroom light on and Niall not laying next to me, I figure he just went to the bathroom and lay back down. That is until I hear him throw up, I am on my feet in moments, only dressed in a pair of grey short shorts and a pink bra.

I walk into the bathroom and see his only boxer-clad body hunching over the toilet, I hear him throw up again and walk over. I place a hand on his back as he throws up again and again, the veins in his neck stand out as he empties his stomach. I slowly rub circles over his sweaty back and hiss the nape of his neck. He turns to me with watery eyes and clutches his stomach, he uses his other hand to grab toilet paper and wipe his mouth before throwing it in the toilet and flushing it. I feel my heart ache and hug him to my chest, he closes his eyes and I cannot help but noticed how warm his cheek is against my chest.

"Let me go get a thermometer," I say and start to stand up. He pulls me back down and holds my hand in his.

"No, I'm fine, you need to sleep so go to bed," He says and winces, great, his throat hurts too. Now he has a fever and throw-up and soar throat. I shake my head and stand up to go to the cabinets by the sink in our bathroom. I open one filled with medicines and grab the white thermometer, I take it in my hand and slip it out of it's clear case before pulling Niall up with my left hand and using my right to hold onto the piece of plastic on my hand.

"Sit here," I motion to the big bathtub and let him sit on the edge. I turn the knob on the bath to make the water go and turn it to slightly warm but not super hot, Niall watches me as I place my thumb on his bottom lip telling him to open up and put the thermometer under his tongue.

After a few moments it finally stops and beeps, I get closer to look at it to see it is 101.6. I frown and take it out of his mouth before setting it on the sink, I find some medicine to reduce his fever and another medicine to make him not feel nauseas and make him gulp it down with a glass of water. He has beads of sweat on his fore-head but claims he isn't warm at all.

I pull his boxers down and help him step into the bath before letting it fill up all the way to the top, only a few inches left so it doesn't over flow. He closes his eyes and leans his head on the side and I watch as his chest goes up and down with every breath. I put some soothing bath soap into the bath that will make a little bit of bubbles but calms you in a way I wouldn't understand, before standing up and drying my hands on a towel.

"Thank you, I love you," Niall whispers. I just smile at him, a real genuine smile, while walking over to the sink. I grab his toothbrush and put some toothpaste on it before running it under the water and walking back over to him.

"Open," I say quietly. His eyes open and he watches me as I brush his teeth. I try not to choke him or do anything to hurt him while he just sits there and enjoys himself. I get a paper cup out of our cabinet and get him to spit in it before rinsing his mouth with another cup of water and then spitting back into the cup. "Better?"

"A lot, thank you," I kiss his forehead and notice how it isn't as warm which make me think the medicine is working now, he smiles softly before letting his eyes close again and resting his arms on either sides of the tub. I keep my self control at the sight of him naked in front of me, and go to dim the bathroom lights.

"You can go to bed babe, you need to sleep and I don't want you getting sick," He says and turns his head towards my figure, I stand by the bath and bite my bottom lip. "And I know you don't care if you get sick, but you ARE pregnant and all so," He trails off.

"I know, I just don't want you all alone in here," I say quietly and pull up the stool to sit by the bath next to him. He smiles a little as I lace my fingers in his wet ones.