Chapter Twenty-Three

I set the blanket down next to the two pillows. "You can sleep on this," I let my dad get comfortable as I left the room. Maura went ahead home right after dinner, she had things to do of course. So she is now back in Ireland. We went straight home instead of going to a club, I have a weird feeling in me but I can't help but worry, my father is here out of no where. Maybe he really does just miss me. I walk into Nialls room and softly close the door. It is only ten o'clock, so Nial is probably not asleep.

I turn to his big bed to see him sitting slouched with his legs crossed out in front of him. He s scrolling through his phone and looks up when he see's me. I smile a little and try to ignore that he is shirtless and in only sweatpants. I walk over to the closet and start to take off my dress. I huff in annoyance when I can't get it unzipped. 

"Ni?" I call out. He makes a noise between a yes and what. I walk into the room to see him sitting on the edge of the bed now. "Unzip me please?"

He nods while walking up to me. I feel his cool hands move my hair to the side before slowly unzipping the dress. I hold it up with my hand as Niall looks at my bare back. I forgot I am not wearing underwear, or anything. I hear him not say anything as he picks up a the shirt he wore earlier, and hands it to me. I smile and thank him softly before letting my dress pool around my bare feet.

I expected him to practically jump on me, but he only looks at me before quickly turning around. He has been ating weird ever since the car ride home, I was driving with Liam and Harry while Niall drove with my dad and Louis. He hasn't even gotten close to me, except for when he unzipped me. I sigh before slipping on the shirt and a pair of underwear. 

I look back to see his eyes on my bum before they trail up my body. His eyes meet mine and he looks back down at his phone. He has barely spoken a sentence to me since we got home and I am determined to figure out why. I walk over to the bed and plug in my phone into the charger before slipping into the warm covers. I flick off the lamp and curl into myself. I turn over so my back is facing Niall and close my eyes. I can't believe he isn't even going to say good night. 

What did I even do? He won't even look me in the eye for some reason. I hear his phone click off before he moves around a little. When I feel his arms snake around my body to pull me into his chest, my emotions quickly change from anger to safe. I feel safe. His legs lift up a little to hook with mine and curl together. I feel warm chest on my back, the body heat radiating through my thin shirt. 

His arms rest on my tummy while he rubs slow circles under my belly button. I rest my head on his back, not bothering to fight to get out of his grip. I hear a slow murmur into my hair, one I can't make out. 

"What?" I whisper, careful not to be too loud. 

"I lov you," I hear in a soft voice. I feel butterfly's hit my stomach, the same way I feel eevrytime I hear these words come out of his mouth. 

"I love you too," I say and rest my hands on top of his. Everything is fine right now, I love these intement moments with him. I am practically naked, but he makes no movement to take advantage of that situation. But I know when something is wrong with Niall, especially if I promised him sex and he hasn't even brought it up. 

I decide to let it go, and enjoy the nice rest I will have in his arms. 

***************************************************************************************

I wake up to a soft groaning noise. I hear it again and sit up. I feel Niall try to pull my back down before I slowly take his arms off mine. He makes no movement to try again so I silently thank him and god for not waking Niall all the way. I hear the groaning noise again and get out of the bed, trying not to wake my sleeping angel.