Chapter 5

Layla had got a ride home from Trayce because I knew she was tired and it was getting late. I was almost done with everyone's ice baths but corey was the last one. Right after the games he usually goes straight to coach's room to go over his performance and pitch recognition. I was working on Kike's massage and trying to get all his knots out of his throwing arm. I notice he was very quiet so I stop his message and see that he is dead asleep. I get my phone and take a picture and quickly send it to his girlfriend Mariana. I then opened up snapchat and put the funny filters on his face. I then posted it with the caption "Job well done."

I waited for Corey for about an hour or so and it was now almost midnight. I walked through the clubhouse and noticed everyone else had left home already. I walked towards coach's room and see Corey asleep with his head down in front of the computer. I slowly walk towards him to refrain from scaring him. I put my hand on his shoulder and try to wake him up.

"Corey, Corey wake up." I said as I squatted down to his level.

"What time is it?" he asked rubbing the sleep off his face.

"It's 11:50. You didn't get your ice bath or massage." I said as I stood up.

"I'm so sorry I kept you waiting." He said apologetically as he quickly got up from his sleepy state.

"No don't worry, It's my job. If you want we can still do your ice bath and massage." I said not worried about the time.

"No. No. I already kept you waiting enough. Go ahead and head home and get some sleep, I should head out too." He said taking off his dirty jersey leaving himself in a dri-fit under armour short sleeve shirt.

"Oh stop, you know you are hurting. I you want just the massage that's fine." I said walking toward the massage bed. I didn't even give him the chance to say yes or no I just stood by the bed.

"Okay, thank you. I'm just going to go and take off my uniform in the locker room. Give me a couple minutes." he said as he quickly went to the locker room.

I was laying on the bed on my phone and I got a text from my sister.

L: "Hey still at the stadium?"

A: "Yeah, just have Corey left. I'll be home soon. Go ahead and go to bed, don't wait on me."

L: "Okay see you tomorrow Lani. Drive safe."

A: "See you, & will do."

I exit out of my messages and go on snapchat and was going through the stories. Kike's story popped up and I totally forgot that I left him, but he posted a snapchat 30 minutes ago so he is fine now. I click on the story and it was a picture of me waking Corey up and it said "Lani putting everyone to sleep from boredness." I laugh to myself but get scared when I notice Corey was standing over my face.

"Looks like I'm the masseuse" he said as he rubbed his hands together.

"Very funny Seager, but I bet you don't have the magic hands like me." I said as I sat up so he could lay down, but he stopped me and slowly put his hand on my shoulder. I kept quiet as his soft hands moved my hair to one side and slowly started massaging my shoulders.

"I actually do have some magic hands." he said as he softly whispered in my ears.

"But not as good as yours." He said as he put my hair back to where it was. I then got up so shocked as how good that felt but tried to not let him see it on my face.

"Very funny, now lay down. Let's get you out of here." I said as I started massaging out the knots on his shoulder. He was just laying there watching me massage his body, almost as if he was looking at every feature of mine and I couldn't help but smile.

"What are you smiling at?" he asked as he chuckled.

"Because of you. You are staring at me." I said laughing

"I'm just trying to figure out your eye color. Is it hazel or green?" he said being more serious.

"They're hazel, now turn on your stomach." I said as he listened and turned over. He was then just quiet allowing me to do my job.

After about 15 more minutes I realized he was falling asleep so I stopped and went to his locker and grabbed his jacket. I woke him up and gave him his sweater to wear so he kept his muscles warm to refrain from stiffness.

He had stood up and I had to look up at him because of his 6'4 figure. He was looking at my eyes and traveled to my lips and freshly licked his soft light pink lips. I wrapped my arm around his neck and did what Layla had said, "BE THE MAN."

As soon as I snaked my arm around his neck, he took in my cue and leaned down and shared the most passionate kiss ever. Sparks were lit like fireworks as our lips touched. It was a slow, sweet, and passionate kiss that I didn't want to end. I pulled our lips apart and looked up at him.

"It's getting late, we should get you home now." he said as he touched my face with his soft hands.

"You're right. See you tomorrow Seager." I said as I walked to my locker to get my stuff.

Corey's Pov:

"It's getting late, we should get you home now." he said as he touched my face with his soft hands.

"You're right. See you tomorrow Seager." I said as I walked to my locker to get my stuff.

"See you Lani." I said under my breath so she didn't hear me. This girl was driving me crazy and I was really starting to like her. When she moved her arm around my neck I knew she was intending to kiss me as well. I didn't want to really make that move and seem like I'm moving too fast. Also, I don't know how she would feel about things between us since she works for the organization. I wouldn't want her to lose her job that she really enjoys all because of my feelings. I finally got up to leave and headed home to all the boys asleep in their rooms. It has been a long day and have late flight tomorrow thank goodness. I walk into my room and layed in my bed. I got my phone and noticed Lani had texted me that she had made it safely. I then felt my eyes getting really heavy, so I put my phone down and fell right to sleep.