Chapter 19

I was running to the bathroom clutching my stomach with one hand and my mouth with the other. I swung the door open and crawled to my knees and let out everything and anything out and into the toilet. I couldn't take the constant vomiting anymore. My body was sore, weak, aching, cold, sweaty, pale. I felt dead inside and I had no idea why.

I heard a knock at the door and it slowly opened to Kiké as he stuck his head through the door. As soon as he seen me sitting in front of the toilet he quickly came in.

"Lani are you okay?" he asked worried. He pushed the hair out of my face and I just sobbed into his chest. "What's wrong with me?" I asked the rhetorical question as he motioned his hand in circles on my back.

"I don't know what you're talking about Lani. Talk to me Lani. Do you want me to call Corey?" He said not knowing what to do.

"I have been throwing up a lot. I have been having a fever. I feel weak. Something is wrong with me." I said sobbing.

"If you don't mind me asking, have you and Corey had sex?" he asked asking like it was a touchy subject.

"Yeah, last month when we were in Seattle why? I'm not pregnant am I?" I asked. How did I not think about that. How will Corey feel, he just started his career.

"It's a possibility Lani. Don't worry, Mariana can go with you since she's back in LA. Just ask coach of this series in Chicago off." he said helping me up.

"Thank you, I'll call Mariana up later tonight." I said cleaning my mouth and grab my toothbrush.

"I'll go get you breakfast." He said smiling.

"Please don't tell anyone, especially Corey." I said hugging him.

"I won't, I promise." he said hugging me back.

~

I had called coach up and let him know that I needed this series off and he was understanding. I was packing up my luggage when Corey and Trayce walked in confused.

"What's going on?" Corey asked walking up to me confused.

"I'm taking this week off. This cold is still hitting me hard so I'm going to my doctors. Plus I'll be waiting for you guys on Tuesday when you guys get back home." I said reassuring Corey.

"It's just a cold though right? Can't you see a Doctor here?" Corey asked getting frustrated.

"I just want to get it checked Corey. I haven't missed a game and believe me I don't want to, but isn't my health a tad bit important." I said now getting pretty pissed.

"Of course it's important but so are these games. Just go see a doctor here and stop being selfish." he said with his veins rising on his face in anger.

"Corey. Stop bro. You're just saying stuff you're going to regret later." Tracye said trying to calm Corey down.

"Stop, just leave me alone." Corey said pulling away from Trayce and leaving the room. I was now in tears and just wanted to leave already. I quickly put my coat on and grabbed all my belongings.

"He's just upset. I'll keep an eye on him you go do what you need to do just text me and keep me updated." Trayce said hugging me and helping me downstairs to the uber awaiting.

"Thank you Trayce, please tell him I'm sorry." I said as I was tossing my luggage into the trunk of the car.

"You have nothing to be sorry about kid, he'll be fine." he said. I nodded not knowing what to say and got into the car. I waved good bye as the car took off to the airport.