Chapter 17

It was early Wednesday and our vacation was at its end and we were now headed to Washington D.C. We were all boarding the plane in comfy relaxing clothes and ready to sleep on the ride.

It was really foggy and cold here in Montana and I really missed our California weather right about now. I was not feeling too good at all and I don't know if it's just because of how much we were on the road this month, but I wanted home already. We just need to make it through to Sunday and then we will fly back home for game 3.

We were now boarding our plane and I was wearing baggy sweats and my UCLA hoodie with converse. I think we were all planning to sleep on our flight because we all looked like complete crap. I made sure I brought my carry on bag with my blanket to get rest and so did the rest of the girls.

"Go to sleep babe. I'll wake you when we land." Corey said covering me with my Dodgers fleece blanket. "Thank you for everything you do Corey." I said looking at him causing him to show off his beautiful smile. He then simply kissed my forehead and I slowly fell asleep.

Corey's Pov:

She quickly fell asleep and I decided to walk towards where Kiké and Mariana were sitting.

"What's up rook?" Kiké said patting my back. "I don't know, Lani doesn't seem right. She looks sick, like sick sick." I said running my fingers through my hair.

"I thought she was on her you know, flow." Kiké said whispering the last part. "Kiké grow up!" Mariana said slapping his leg. "Anyways, if she is Corey, don't worry. Some girls get triggered worst than others when it comes to periods. Why can't you guys get periods instead." Mariana said relaxing me a bit. "Yeah no thank you." Kiké said shaking his head quickly and both Mariana and I laughed at him.

"Thanks guys, I'm gonna go rest up now." I said getting up from my seat. "See ya." They both said. I sat back in my seat next to a knocked out Alani. She had her mouth slightly opened and she was snuggled into her blanket. I couldn't help but laugh at how cute she looked. I grabbed my phone to take a picture and captioned it "Even when she's sleeping she still manages to look cute." and posted it on instagram.

As I was strolling through my phone I noticed that I had a text. I opened the text and it was a picture from my mom of her and the family awaiting in D.C for my games. I instantly got really excited because it is really difficult to get the whole family together since Kyle is always busy with his games and so am I. Now that Kyle and his team aren't in the playoffs, he is able to make it and I am super happy about that.

Also, Lani has still yet to meet my family, although she has met Kylie and his wife Julie. I just hope she is feeling ok when she meets them.

~~~~

We had landed in D.C. and it was about o'clock. I looked to my right to see Lani really comfortable and I didn't want to wake her but I knew I needed to.

"Babe." I said slowly trying to wake her up but she didn't even budge. "Lani, we're here." I said really trying to wake her up now because she was not even moving.

"Bro be a man. Watch." Jose said walking towards Lani. "Wake the fuck up Lani." he yelled causing her to jump. "You asshole." Lani said getting grumpy. "See that worked." Jose said smiling like an idiot. "Dumbass, now she's pissed." I said chasing after the cranky girl.

I tried to catch up to Lani and when I finally did I got mobbed with fans asking for autographs. "Lani wait please." I yelled from the mob. "I'm not waiting with you, I'm going on the bus." she said waving me off.

"She's just another jealous girlfriend." someone from the group of fans said. I tried to see who said it but I didn't want to point fingers at anybody. "No guys, she's just tired and not feeling well. She doesn't do well when people wake her up." I said trying to clear things up. "Then why do you date her if she's mean?" this girl behind me said. I turned around and she looked about 18 years old maybe, she wore tons of makeup and had these really long fake eyelashes. She was hardly wearing clothes and was looking at me some sort of weird way almost as if she was flirting, but doing a bad job at it. "I date her because I love her. She isn't mean, you guys only see how she is on tv screens and social media. You guys have no idea what kind of a person she is besides all that. She's a great girl and if you guys are really my fans then you guys would support me and Alani.